Wild Britain with Ray Mears – Series 3

Joe

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the first two series so thanks for the heads up.

Arron The Archer

Walkabout
Reaction score
yea i've tried watching it a few times an everytime all i get is unavailable in your region

by the way what's with the "(No Affiliation)" thing i see some people putting up because really does anyone really care i honestly don't see a need for it nor a point

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
It started when the forum was put together... we put it there to show we are not related to a product or seller of that product... therefore not making any profit by "advertising" any product or service...

Arron The Archer

Walkabout
Reaction score
It started when the forum was put together... we put it there to show we are not related to a product or seller of that product... therefore not making any profit by "advertising" any product or service...
fair enough i guess but the way i see it if the information posted (by whom ever it might be) is helpful an factual to other people why would it matter either way
also if they were getting money from whom ever then they would most like have the product advertising in that siggy thing where you have "Karl Sends...a wise man once told me......."

anyway each to there own though it would be a cheap way to try an make a few $$ (an NOT in a good way either)

i still can't work out how to get the link on ray's site to work damn it!!!!

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
.... i still can't work out how to get the link on ray's site to work damn it!!!!
The link won't work in Australia ! It will only work in you are in the UK.

If you want to actually watch the shows, you will need to wait for them to screen here (probably on pay TV), or procure them from a seller on DVD or a paid (legal) download.

The link is really just a Heads Up and FYI.

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I like all the Ray Mears shows, very informative and inspiring to watch and then "go do" even if it is in a different part of the world, all things can be related in a way to where we live.

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Quite a few episodes of series 1 & 2 have made it onto youtube if you want to check them out. The shows air on BBCknowledge on Foxtel but haven't appeared yet.

Hey, I just did a Google search for series 3 and this thread on BushcraftOz was the 5th listing!!!!! How good is that?

Arron The Archer

Walkabout
Reaction score
The link won't work in Australia ! It will only work in you are in the UK.

If you want to actually watch the shows, you will need to wait for them to screen here (probably on pay TV), or procure them from a seller on DVD or a paid (legal) download.

The link is really just a Heads Up and FYI.
ok thanks hopefully it comes on foxtel then as i refuse to buy from overseas or download things like movies etc ...........

Use a uk proxy server and view them.
you've lost me bud i think your speaking french or maybe german i still get confused with my phone an i've had it 3years :risatonaD:

i think i'll wait an hope it comes on foxtel i really enjoy watching ray but i also with they'd show the bush tucker man an malcolm douglas instead of that annoying bear (i drink my own pee pee) grylls

New man

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
When you use the net you assigned a ip and a region code, this allows companies like BBC to restrict content to certain codes blocking people from other places.

One way to get around these is by using a proxy server, think of it like this: your pc in australia connects to the proxy which connects to BBC, so the BBC sees the proxy is in the uk, it allows the content. The proxy now forwards this info to your pc!

84.18.197.26 8080
82.211.102.138 8080
213.105.176.8 80
213.105.176.5 80
80.229.80.132 80
213.105.176.6 80

If you're using Firefox then go to Tools > Options > General > Connection Settings > Manual Proxy Configuration and enter one of the IP addresses I listed above in the HTTP Proxy box.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362163
This was my source :)

New man

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Btw the 80 and 8080 are port numbers, don't enter them as ip. The link I gave has a good description (better then I gave likely)

Arron The Archer

Walkabout
Reaction score
New Man thanks for trying to help me bud but i think i'll just wait an hope it comes on foxtel because if i start messing with my pc i'll only bugger something up
an lose my temper an it could suffer the same fate as my old pc (took to it with a log splitting axe) when it comes to computers i'm as dumb as a box of rocks