What would you do in America?

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I'd go on one of their big walks. Minimum one month to as long as I could get - a year or two would be awesome.

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I'd probably tuck into their oversize portions of ribs , hotdogs and fried chicken . Then come home and have to do part of the National Trail to get the kilos off. Ha.

Rubbing Elbows

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Wyoming for me. Wind River Reservation, Yellowstone National Park, then off to Idaho, then Eastern Western Montana. I follow a couple of youtube creators that hike and camp around these regions. Love the landscapes and the scenery, and if you stay away from the touristy spots, there's not a great deal of people to bother you.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Wyoming for me. Wind River Reservation, Yellowstone National Park, then off to Idaho, then Eastern Montana. I follow a couple of youtube creators that hike and camp around these regions. Love the landscapes and the scenery, and if you stay away from the touristy spots, there's not a great deal of people to bother you.
Yes, it looks awesome. In the linked video the woman goes through Wyoming and yellowstone. She walked from near mexico to near Canada. I think it would be a great way to see the States. In 2 hours of video not much footage of other people at all. I'd really want to go for a year or so. Might have to cross over the border and return a few times to do it.

Rubbing Elbows

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Yes, it looks awesome. In the linked video the woman goes through Wyoming and yellowstone. She walked from near mexico to near Canada. I think it would be a great way to see the States. In 2 hours of video not much footage of other people at all. I'd really want to go for a year or so. Might have to cross over the border and return a few times to do it.
Yeah, I follow her channel. She definitely gets out there and see's the sites. I've watched a couple of her full length videos on the longer walks.

You should check out My Own Frontier, if you haven't already seen any of his videos. He goes on some spectacular solo hikes across the North West and West of the USA. He films in long form, really relaxed style, and detailed. He's one of the main reasons I'd love to visit many places he's filmed.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I've been inspired and started walking again today - it's usually a winter thing for me :D