What toys are you waiting for???

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just bought a Svord Von Tempsky Bowie, been wanting one for a long while but other purchases always seemed to get in the way, well I found one (BNIB) for just under $300 landed to my door and just couldn't pass it up.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Heya,
Bit late but I picked up a Garmin Fenix 5 about two weeks ago. A great watch, with built in GPS, compass, barometer, altimeter., heart rate monitor etc etc etc. My biggest problem is that I don't feel I am making the most of it.
It was an expensive buy for me but still a steal at nearly half price.
If anyone has one of these, maybe we can start a thread because I would love to learn more.
Cheers
Bloffy
I've had a fenix 3 for some time now, and I think Thrud has a similar model.
I can't justify replacing it with a fenix 5 on RRP, but it sounds like you got a bargain.

I've used mine a bit for navigation, but always come back to my handheld Garmin Oregon or just a map and compass.
Start a fenix thread, and see how you go. I'll chime in with my 10c worth when I can.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I have Fenix 5, very happy with it and much faster acquisition than earlier models. Get a screen protector for it before you scratch it! Some Fenix 3 protectors fit (avoid the glass ones)

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Currently have my eye on a new tent, looking at a Seek Outside Lil Bug Out with Nest.
Quite lightweight makes use of a stick or walking pole to support and has room to sleep cook and sit up in a chair when the weather is bad.
Hopefully it will be the last tent I ever buy.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Currently have my eye on a new tent, looking at a Seek Outside Lil Bug Out with Nest.
Quite lightweight makes use of a stick or walking pole to support and has room to sleep cook and sit up in a chair when the weather is bad.
Hopefully it will be the last tent I ever buy.
Don't know what your budget is, or the tent you're getting which I'm sure is awesome. This tent gets amazing reviews; it might be worth a look? Prices are in US dollars. As well as the reviews, there's quite a bit of experienced use in the discussions

Last edited:

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Don't know what your budget is, or the tent you're getting which I'm sure is awesome. This tent gets amazing reviews; it might be worth a look? Prices are in US dollars
Thanks, I already have something similar to this but I am clumsy and last time I was out managed to put a hole in the roof.
Want something that is a bit more robust but not too heavy to carry.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just dropped the hammer on this beauty, first official stamped IronBark Knives custom, this one is a "hunter" pattern so a little different to the bushcrafters LC76 has been making, also 80crv2 steel rather than 1084, a heap more file work on the spine and glow in the dark scales. To say I am excited is an understatement. Can't wait to get her in hand

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Cold Steel Boar spear fell through, seems as though customs is having issues these days with the sizing of them (they are too long) and holding the incoming shipment and I was unwilling to wait for a judgement call (waited for a month already) so I cancelled the backorder and as I already paid for the spear I spent the money on these two beauties in lieu, Cold Steel Boar Collector (in keeping with my current obsession with pig stickers) and Cold Steel Viking Battle Axe.

I haven't ever had a seaxe style knife before, and initial impressions are good.Would work well I think at intended purpose of pigging.

Viking Battle Axe, came a bit sharper than the hand axe (though not by much) both are going to get professionally sharpened, I actually think I like it more than the hand axe though they are very similar feeling axes, just slightly different shaped heads (same length handles).

sorry can't get the 30" handle in the frame

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Many people make fun of Lynn Thompson - probably because of his videos :ROFLMAO:. I see him differently now. I saw an interview with him; he's a really basic, passionate bloke. He lives in the US where there is a huge emphasis on self defense - and he takes this seriously. So, I suppose I respect him now. His focus is on defense which is law of the land where he lives. After saying that, I know that he could tell you exactly what that axe will cut through and how best to use it. He puts a lot of thought into everything he designs and despite what some of the stuff looks like, they're not gimmicks. You'll laugh when he pulls out his first knife.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Oh, I've made an order overseas for knives. This is something I said I wouldn't do after customs hung onto one for some bizarre reason - it was a regular knife; flipper, 3.5" blade.

I ordered two civivi knives; a chronic and an elementum. Both light weight and reasonably small (around 3" blades). The first one is a chronic, the second is an elementum. I haven't seen the chronic anywhere here is aus. The elementum shows up now and then, but gets bought out quickly.