What toys are you waiting for???

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just bought a Svord Von Tempsky Bowie, been wanting one for a long while but other purchases always seemed to get in the way, well I found one (BNIB) for just under $300 landed to my door and just couldn't pass it up.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Heya,
Bit late but I picked up a Garmin Fenix 5 about two weeks ago. A great watch, with built in GPS, compass, barometer, altimeter., heart rate monitor etc etc etc. My biggest problem is that I don't feel I am making the most of it.
It was an expensive buy for me but still a steal at nearly half price.
If anyone has one of these, maybe we can start a thread because I would love to learn more.
Cheers
Bloffy
I've had a fenix 3 for some time now, and I think Thrud has a similar model.
I can't justify replacing it with a fenix 5 on RRP, but it sounds like you got a bargain.

I've used mine a bit for navigation, but always come back to my handheld Garmin Oregon or just a map and compass.
Start a fenix thread, and see how you go. I'll chime in with my 10c worth when I can.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I have Fenix 5, very happy with it and much faster acquisition than earlier models. Get a screen protector for it before you scratch it! Some Fenix 3 protectors fit (avoid the glass ones)

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Currently have my eye on a new tent, looking at a Seek Outside Lil Bug Out with Nest.
Quite lightweight makes use of a stick or walking pole to support and has room to sleep cook and sit up in a chair when the weather is bad.
Hopefully it will be the last tent I ever buy.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Currently have my eye on a new tent, looking at a Seek Outside Lil Bug Out with Nest.
Quite lightweight makes use of a stick or walking pole to support and has room to sleep cook and sit up in a chair when the weather is bad.
Hopefully it will be the last tent I ever buy.
Don't know what your budget is, or the tent you're getting which I'm sure is awesome. This tent gets amazing reviews; it might be worth a look? Prices are in US dollars. As well as the reviews, there's quite a bit of experienced use in the discussions

Last edited:

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Don't know what your budget is, or the tent you're getting which I'm sure is awesome. This tent gets amazing reviews; it might be worth a look? Prices are in US dollars
Thanks, I already have something similar to this but I am clumsy and last time I was out managed to put a hole in the roof.
Want something that is a bit more robust but not too heavy to carry.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just dropped the hammer on this beauty, first official stamped IronBark Knives custom, this one is a "hunter" pattern so a little different to the bushcrafters LC76 has been making, also 80crv2 steel rather than 1084, a heap more file work on the spine and glow in the dark scales. To say I am excited is an understatement. Can't wait to get her in hand