What toys are you waiting for???

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Thanks Chigger. Dying to use it myself & very excited to finally have it! I'll let you know how it goes out in Mallee country! Overnighter coming up soon - still waiting on that tent:non sono stato io:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Lost a few of those out bush over the years. Bloody heavy, sometimes inaccurate, were withdrawn several times due to concerns about the radiation from the glow in the dark section, but otherwise they are bombproof, the sighting line is good and being in mils not degrees, much more accurate.
Cheers
Bloffy

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
It does look nice. Is that double edged and hollow ground top and bottom?

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Lost a few of those out bush over the years. Bloody heavy, sometimes inaccurate, were withdrawn several times due to concerns about the radiation from the glow in the dark section, but otherwise they are bombproof, the sighting line is good and being in mils not degrees, much more accurate.
Cheers
Bloffy
This one uses tritium instead of Radium so not much of a risk. I have started rebuilding this one when I received it the damping fluid had a huge bubble and was all cloudy.
I have already stripped it cleaned it refilled the fluid, I have also removed the expired tritium vials and ordered replacements.
When the tritium arrives I will pull it apart and install them and check the calibration.

Might even buy a few more broken ones to rebuild as I quite enjoyed it.

Maybe our next trip away we could go and look for Bloffys lost compasses, I can guarantee they still be fully functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
@Thrud: Nope that was my cooking (nothing to do with the rum).
@ Waveman: Happy birthday. Just what you needed. Another knife. Looks the goods though.
@ MDU: Radium, that was it! Hope you have heaps of spare thumb rings mate. Seemed to lose them with regular abandon. Lol. That and the bevel securing screw. Also, reinforce your pockets. They'll chew through those easily enough. That said. Yep, they'll still be out there but I won't be helping you find them. I made it home with my Silva. Lol. But yes. Worth restoring.
Cheers
Bloffy

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
It does look nice. Is that double edged and hollow ground top and bottom?
yes the OSS is double edged, and has a hollow grind on both top and bottom edges, very slicey and stabby. Very happy and it is everything I hoped it would be.

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Received replacement tritium for my compass, started rebuilding it with new tritium last night. Just to finish waiting for the UV adhesive to cure then time to do final reassembly. Will take photos when done.

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I am waiting on some Swedish and German Army leather utility straps. These are for securing mess kits, billy cans and bed-rolls. Truly well made surplus leather straps like this are becoming rare and are a nice touch to completing your traditional or military gear.

Here is an example of a Swedish army utility strap. Its has a mini blacked out brass roller-buckle & the buckle is riveted. It really is beautifully made.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a outdoor tactical water bottle cover in Khaki. Hopefully it will hold my stainless steel water bottle. If so, that will find its way on to my belt rig.
Tried to load a photo but couldn't, it's late, so will post when it comes in.
Cheers
Bloffy

barra650

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a outdoor tactical water bottle cover in Khaki. Hopefully it will hold my stainless steel water bottle. If so, that will find its way on to my belt rig.
Tried to load a photo but couldn't, it's late, so will post when it comes in.
Cheers
Bloffy
Don't forget to post a pic .

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Waiting on my new BLV, a Leitner Berlin cruiser ebike with extra capacity battery.
With 90km of rail trail to my north and 160km to my south and the supermarket and work within 3-4km
I should have plenty of use for it.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Waiting on my new BLV, a Leitner Berlin cruiser ebike with extra capacity battery.
With 90km of rail trail to my north and 160km to my south and the supermarket and work within 3-4km
I should have plenty of use for it.
I love bike, motorised and pedal. Huge sense of freedom - you're really going to love it.