What toys are you waiting for???

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just traded for this, custom (my first true custom) IronBark Knives "Raven" (1084/curly birch) I think I have found my bushcrafters knife.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
A cold steel tuff lite. I ordered it from the States because it was cheaper, $50 delivered. Cheapest I could find here was $50, then $12.00 postage. I bought the red one, because it was cheapest, and I'll probably really like it. The steel isn't great (aus8), but I've been researching knives, again, for something small, stubby and tough. A couple of beauties that just can't be found anymore (boker war toad and boker albatros), I really like the albatros. I do like the look of the tuff lite though :) Another good looking blade is the mantis pit boss. Apparently since the guy who designed and drove the company left, quality has deteriorated; I didn't want to gamble. And the mantis is a really thick, heavy knife even though it is small. This time I just looked at blade shapes that appealed to me. My current favorite that I own is the Kizer small hunter - I'm so tempted to buy a 2nd one because it is so good.

Tuff lite.jpg

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
You won't regret buying that cold steel, it is a great little knife and you can take the pocket clip off. Sharp as and very easy to sharpen.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
If it had great steel and washers, I would have paid $100 more. It looks a great, powerfull design - like it's leaning into the force, as opposed to leaning back in the defensive. And thumb on the blade - lots of power. When a design is that good, and a company as big as cold steel, with good steal and washers this would become very popular. It is popular now, but the elephant in the room is the steel used.

T.C.

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I finally have a Spyderco Waterway on its way after being on preorder for six months!
FB43GPa.jpg

This hopefully will take place as my kayak fishing/ beach camping/ bushcraft knife, currently i'm using a Mora Garberg which I love but the leather sheath is less suitable for the costal area I usually bushcraft in.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Oh dear. I just ordered two cold steel mini tuff lite knives in orange and pink. Their closed length is 3" which is the perfect size carry for me. I don't need a lot of blade - usually just cutting stuff like boxes, packages, string, chord tape etc. Lately small branches of these invasive wattles to make impromptu brushes after I come off the bike and roll around in the dust :) They stopped making the mini tuff lite years ago but I found that http://jpt-australia.com/cold_steel_folders.htm and https://gocommando.com.au/folding-knives/small/cold-steel-tuff-lite-mini-plain-edge.html#.XJA8g0RR1EY both have stock. JPT have pink and orange, gocommando just black. These are cheaply made but well made - all reviewers seem to really like them. Cold steel uses a triad lock - it is supposedly a bit stiffer than other locks but very strong. Here's the cold steel video for the mini tuff lite and tuff lite. They abuse the mini tuff lite and hang 100lbs off it to test the lock strength. Stop watching @ 1:54, that's when they start showing off the tuff lite (bigger brother) and do wanky stuff like kill cardboard cutouts and hack into a leg of pig (although killing cardboard is probably realistic :malefico:) https://www.coldsteel.com/tuff-lite-red.html

coloured-mini-tuff-lite-large.jpg

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just couldn't pass up on a unused Cold Steel OSS sub-hilt Aus-8a on the exchange on ABF for an outstanding price.

Randall

Ray Mears
Reaction score
just couldn't pass up on a unused Cold Steel OSS sub-hilt Aus-8a on the exchange on ABF for an outstanding price.
:_applauso::_risata::_lol: Of course you couldn't

Last edited:

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Waiting on 2 Granfors Bruk Axes. The Scandinavian Forrest Axe (#430) and the Hand Hatchet (#413) to add to my collection. By some miracle my supplier had just got 18 (#430's) in & I had first choice. This NEVER happens too me! I chose the darkest ones I could, with best grain orientation & by the best smiths, of course! First new axe purchase in 3.5 years. Also took possession of these two Tereva Puukkos from (carbon full tang) Varestelleka knives recently. Cheers Lads!

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
The Forrest axe looks really cool, if one of those turned up at my place I would spend a happy hour or so getting stuck into some red box logs I have and see how it goes.

Nice looking lightly curved handle.