What knife are you carrying today?

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Today I'm carrying a classic, the Ontario Rat2 in D2 - also known as R2D2. It is very well designed and well made. It has a strong pivot, it's slim and light and has a beautiful slicing blade.

r2d2.jpg

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I am going with my Incite today, I am continually impressed with this flashy knife.
Civivi have a deservedly good reputation. I have a few of their sub 3" knives now. Those handle scales!

I've been carrying an enzo birk 75 - d2 steel, micarta handle, true scandi grind, < 3" blade. It is beautifully made. I bought it 2nd hand from a member here. It's heavy for it's size. There is a lot of steel in the blade - it's 3mm stock but flat to where the scandi grind starts. It's considered a bushcraft folder - it's definitely heavy use, tough and sharp, and should be easy to sharpen if you have a reasonably wide (greater than 1") stone. I need to get such a diamond stone - I've been hand sharpening it with a sapphire rod from a lansky set and it isn't wide enough for me to feel the flat of the scandi. I generally only use it around home because of the weight. It is a beautiful quality knife.

enzo.jpg

Last edited:

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I've had this boker plus sanyougo for a while, but haven't used it. I bought it for a travel / camp / cooking knife. The shape of it lends itself to food prep, and being very small and light with a sheath it makes the perfect travel food prep knife. I thought I'd use it today because it is an unusual design for me and it would be good to be familiar with it. It's awesome. It just surprised me how well it cuts. I peeled 3 oranges and sliced them up; I usually use the kitchen knives which all shave, but this was on a different level. I'm sure it's the high thin blade. I really like it.

View attachment 26648
Thought I'd give a quick review here of this knife. I have put a small paracord lanyard on it for my little finger to go through - this effectively extends the handle and it feels good and secure. We're on an mtb holiday for two weeks - staying in self contained accommodation. I always bring my own knife - as usual there is a drawer full of knives here that I can safely run my fingers along the edge of. It's a joy to use this thing, even for cutting bread and turkish rolls etc. I just work around bigger things - something that is easy with a sharp knife. You can work with this anywhere on a chopping board because your hand is well clear of the surface. For a small knife it is very useful. My partner likes it too - it makes food prep a joy for both of us.

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
We're on an MTB holiday. When I'm not on the bike I've been carrying this civivi mini mastodon. It has a beautiful high flat ground blade, thin behind the edge and therefore an awesome slicer. It is very good for cutting and food prep. It is a well made budget knife.

mini mastodon.jpg