What knife are you carrying today?

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Because I'm in street garb, I have my small hunter (2.5" blade). I love the shape of the blade and it's hollow ground. Everything is well made and works well and I like the looks of it too :)

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
when I am not carrying this (review knife, Kizer Odin) I am going with this at the moment, WE 037, I am continually impressed with this 'pocket sword', light, easy to carry and has great cutting performance.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I've had this for a while, and started carrying it. It's longer than I normally like, but very light. Great clip that clips onto the front of my belt. I like it so much that it has made me look for other similar light weight knives. I have a steel will mini intrigue which is even lighter and a beautiful blade; haven't carried it yet though.

Ganzo FH51
Overall length:18.5cm
Blade length:8.1cm
Blade thickness:0.35cm
Blade material: D2
Blade hardness:+-60HRC
Handle material:G10
Net weight:80G
Lock: Liner

And, the mini intrigue, yet to try out:

• Overall Length:7.50"
  • Blade Length:3.25 (83mm)"
  • Cutting Edge:3.125"
  • Blade Width:0.75"
  • Blade Thickness:0.12"
  • Blade Material: D2
  • Blade Style: Drop Point
  • Blade Grind:Flat
  • Handle Length:4.25"
    Handle Width:0.875"
    Handle Thickness:0.44"
    Handle Material:FRN
    Frame/Liner:Stainless Steel
    Weight:2.19 oz. (63gm!)

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I've had this boker plus sanyougo for a while, but haven't used it. I bought it for a travel / camp / cooking knife. The shape of it lends itself to food prep, and being very small and light with a sheath it makes the perfect travel food prep knife. I thought I'd use it today because it is an unusual design for me and it would be good to be familiar with it. It's awesome. It just surprised me how well it cuts. I peeled 3 oranges and sliced them up; I usually use the kitchen knives which all shave, but this was on a different level. I'm sure it's the high thin blade. I really like it.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Never heard of either of them. Quite a unique pair. The flexcut spoon carvin' jack looks like an awesome option for folk who like to carve. How do you carry the sloyd knife?

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
going with the WE Jixx to day, probably the best firing knife I own (even better than my Reate's which is a big statement, and is not lost on me), a beasty, solid knife that I love fidgeting flicking, a fun knife, albeit a bit intimidating to non-knife people.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I've been wearing shorts with a coin pocket. I have this awesome little knife, a fura gear. Apparently (I've just found out) it's a Serge Patchenko bean clone. It was an early buy, you can get them at fasttech and gearbest - only catch is it has to get through customs! I won't chance that myself anymore. I really like this knife. I have a small loop lanyard on it for extra length. It is well made, strong, centred, cut's well. I did have to file a pass through on mine so that I could get to the frame lock easier. Great materials and very cheap (under $20).

This knife hasn't had much use because it doesn't have a clip.

The blade is s35vn, the scales are TC4 titanium alloy. Other knives from Fura Gear have been tested and the blade steel has been as advertised. They've also tested well for hardness.

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Randal I have absolutely nothing about problems importing folders other that assisted and autos (both are definitely restricted and you can't import them) and none of the retailers I deal with have had any problems with customs seizing knives (flippers etc, as long as they are not assisted or autos) and have not heard even a whisper on ABF about customs cracking down on importing flippers and people are constantly importing knives on ABF and so I would have heard if there was a change in policy.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Randal I have absolutely nothing about problems importing folders other that assisted and autos (both are definitely restricted and you can't import them) and none of the retailers I deal with have had any problems with customs seizing knives (flippers etc, as long as they are not assisted or autos) and have not heard even a whisper on ABF about customs cracking down on importing flippers and people are constantly importing knives on ABF and so I would have heard if there was a change in policy.
I might just be unlucky :) I'm guessing my name will be on a data base now though. I might try again one day, but nothing expensive.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
the big, burly, beast today, ZT 0920, I really didn't like the models looks at first but they have grown on me. Of all my ZT's this is the one I would rely on if I had to use it hard.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I was working outside slashing a block today. I had my cold steel tuff lite in the waist band of my shorts. It's the first time - usually doing outdoor stuff I like smaller knives because they don't dig in when I'm doing stuff like bending over riding mtb or bushwalking (lots of climbing under and over things). I use the tuff lite mini quite a lot. The standard tuff lite is good too though.
My one is orange - I've included a hand shot of a brown one just to give a sense of size.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Today I'm around home and have my enzo birk D2. It looks fairly ordinary, and not my usual style of knife. I bought it 2nd hand from a member here. It is such a well made quality knife.

Last edited: