What is your B.L.V?

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Good score WF!
Canopy looks in good nick and you got a bonus improvised antenna storage tube, cool.
The rear of the chassis looks very bright. If the rest is the same, you may have scored a rebuilt example.
You could do worse than joining REMLR.com (Register of Ex Mil LRs). Lots of history and info. A few buyers have chatted with ex-pilots of their vehicles!
If you haven't done it already:
Adjust the idle speed up a few hundred RPM with the hand throttle or have a mechanic adjust the pump idle speed.
Without that 4BD1 idle rattling your fillings, it will be much nicer.
Cheers, BDave

Last edited:

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Awesome, Cheers Dave will check that out! :) Im sure I will have a couple of questions for you as I go.... like what buttons do what :) still trying to figure how the Vents work, how do you open the flaps under the windscreen? You need to get that Manual published :) WF

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Flaps? Lefty-Locky, Righty-slidie ;) Push right to slide forward or back (open/ close).
Feel free to pick my brains, but we'll keep it in the Parentie(sic) Rover thread?
Buyers Guide is available now, I am having a slow time getting authority to reproduce the Operators Manuals. PM me, I can help you out.
BDave.

T.C.

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Nice looking rig there Wildfire, perhaps one off the best blv's out there!

stretched88

Russell Coight
Reaction score
This is my rig. In reply to medic ben, some of us have tritons ;) I have fairly well kitted it out, most work done by myself. A has the added bonus of twin lockers.

DavoAnth

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I've just said goodbye to my trustworthy 2000 Hilux dual cab after 10 years of trouble free adventures and have replaced it with a 2010 model tricked out with just about everything. My only intent is a lift kit, but no rush for that.

Pic is of the old beast at one of my favourite spots on the Mary River, NT a couple of years back. I won't post any pics of the new rig until it has been broken in with a recent bush trip.

Camper 1.jpg

Anthiron

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
This was my BLV last week.

I want to get out on the bike more and have ordered some nice leather saddle bags.

Or I have the LJ80

Or the Chevy Luv

Anthiron

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
The bike is an 04 Harley Sportster. I bought it mostly finished. RSD Clip on Bars, RSD Single Seat, Mid Controls, Cut back guards, everything drilled and lightened, all chrome trim removed, D+D 2 into 1 exhaust and lots of other things ive forgotten. Its a great bike.

I do have a CB250 Cafe Racer bike that I built and is for sale now but it has a very race orientated control setup and the smaller engine isn't suited to longer touring trips.

I haven't had the LJ80 too long but its a great vehicle. It's basically finished aside from gearing. I am trying to track down an LJ50 Transfer case to bring the gearing back down from the 31" tyres. It has a 2" suspension lift and custom shackles.

Mountain man

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nicko, The CB's look great with the long tanks and single seat. I let a 70's 350 go about 10 years ago regrettably. I adventure ride on a Dr 250, the engine size doesn't matter to me when I am on the dirt but on the road it would be a bit hard on the bike. A mate has an LJ80, I will ask him if he knows of a transfer case from the LJ50 for you. Cheers Steve

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I love the LJ80. First car I ever drove was an LJ80 Stockman Ute. I have a soft spot for any fourby of that vintage, LJ80's, F50's, FJ40's, G60's, Series LR's, CJ's, etc. I have an F55 Daihatsu Scat Ute that I want to restore one day.

Anthiron

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nicko, The CB's look great with the long tanks and single seat. I let a 70's 350 go about 10 years ago regrettably. I adventure ride on a Dr 250, the engine size doesn't matter to me when I am on the dirt but on the road it would be a bit hard on the bike. A mate has an LJ80, I will ask him if he knows of a transfer case from the LJ50 for you. Cheers Steve
Thanks Mountain Man that would be great. I have a couple of people looking on the AusZookers forum. I had one lined up but when it came out of the car it has gotten wet and the internals were a bit worse for wear.

Mickldo - Cheers mate. Its a fun toy and follows a mates GQ Patrol on 33's and 3 inches of suspension lift no troubles :) (The only vehicle I own that is younger than I am is the harley, old stuff looks better and is easier to work on/modify)

The honda for anyone interested.

Nicko

payney

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Speaking of oldies here is my 60 series just before it went away to have a diesel conversion.