What is your B.L.V?

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Go the mighty Deli! I've had two, and I reckon there'll be another one day. When I've got time and money to turn it into a camper.
For now, it's another classic, the Cherokee XJ. Fear not, I shall get it dirty, and add my own scratches. It's already got a ding or three in it, but oddly enough, the paintwork is in pretty good nick. (They have a reputation for losing the clear coat pronto fasto in the Aussie sun)
This will be a 2 or 3 year project. First up I want to make sure the mechanicals are up to par. It may be easy to work on, but I'd rather not be doing it a long way from nowhere.

max47

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Love my 97 LandCruiser 4.2 diesel Troopy.. I won't buy anything but 70 series Troopy's from now on..no more cars, no more other 4wds, either,. you can sleep in the back and they are the shyte for rough country. It's really good on diesel too for it's size. can't wait to get the spottys and roof rack on there!

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score

Medic Ben

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Here is my new beast. Can't believe none of you guys have Tritons.... Hope that's not saying they are crap... Still haven't taken it off-road yet. Only got it about 5 weeks ago.

Triton1.jpgTriton2.jpg

will post some better pics of all the extras once I get some time to take them :)

SimonM

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Here is mine, taken out near Windorah on the search for my grandfathers brother's grave who died of exposure in the 1960's, during summer. A hell of a place for a Scotsman. We are heading back this winter.

On the way to Billabaroo.jpg

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388040631.983741.jpg
Mines an old paj , she's got over 400k on the clock , valve stem seals are causing a little smoke but heck she goes wherever I need . Off road I have a wrf 450 .

Last edited:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
If it's a Mitsubishi, it's gonna get you there and back again, even if Bits Are Missin'.
Teaser: Watch this space for my potential short range BLV.
Hint: It involves Zombies and is a little unusual in a laid back sort of way......
Whats it gots in its pockettssss my pretty...
Cheers
Bloffy

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
Here is mine, taken out near Windorah on the search for my grandfathers brother's grave who died of exposure in the 1960's, during summer. A hell of a place for a Scotsman. We are heading back this winter.

View attachment 14130

That’s interesting, my wife’s grandfather died on their family property near Windorah and we went out and found his grave last time we were out there. The circumstances couldn’t me more opposite though as he drowned in a dam.

SimonM

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
That’s interesting, my wife’s grandfather died on their family property near Windorah and we went out and found his grave last time we were out there. The circumstances couldn’t me more opposite though as he drowned in a dam.
Apparently there is a book about unknown graves in the Windorah area, would be an interesting read. It's beautiful country out there.

We were very lucky in that even though we didn't find Uncle Archie's grave, through the local interest they were able to track down, via a phone call, the manager of the property on which we thought he had died. He was in his 80's I think and but he remembered Archie and he was the one who actually found him. They then have a us directions to the general area in which he was buried. We actually found out a heap of information which we didn't know prior.

Jacko

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hyundai Ascent, keep a milk crate in the back with a change of clothes, Blanket, Stove, Billy a bit of Tucker and Water just in Case. Front Wheel Drives suck in Bulldust and Corrugations but you can't argue with 754 km from 45 litres of Fuel Hwy cycle.

When I use the Car as a Base Camp I have a 3 meter Board that I clamp to the Roof Racks and then Bolt a Tarp to the Board. Held up with a couple of Poles. I have another Milk Crate with a hinged 5 ply lid that see's duty as a Larder, Table or Stool. I often sleep in the reclined front passenger Seat, quite comfy actually

regards Jacko

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Mine: Perentie Personnel Carrier, 110 rover.
Truck engine, box, diffs. runs on veg or sump oil. barely any electrics and gets 14l/100 fully loaded.
RFSV Carryall side.jpg

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
G'Day Simon.
All Perentie Landrovers use the Isuzu 4BD1 engine. 4x4 is NA, 6x6 gets turbo.
Specs are 3.9lt, direct injection, diesel. Not a low-down torque monster, but from 1200-3200 they just go.
By modern standards they aren't that powerful, but they are seriously under-stressed in the 110 application. Each engine is designed for vehicles +60-70% greater GVM than the Perenties.
NA: 66Kw@3200rpm, 245nM@1900rpm
T: 90@3000, 314@2200rpm.
I know more than a couple of blokes with 1million ks on original motors and plenty with 500K+.
Cheers, BDave.

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Picked up my New (to me :) ) BLV and I am so stoked with it Ex Army Landrover 110 Perentie FFR. Thanks Barefoot Dave for the tips! Its a Beast but I love it!
077.jpg079 - Copy.jpg081.jpg082.jpg083.jpg