What is your B.L.V?

hobes

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
guys, no winch cos thats where my heat exchngers sit, i have other mechanical means of recovery. as for what type of oil, anything thats free.. used cooking oil, from where ever i can get it,all the oil gets mixed into one big batch with my filtering process's.

as for the conversion, homebuilt. using parts from all over. i have a go at using homemade bio as well, usually given to me in exchange for excess oil.

oneday when there is a meet up, maybe a show n tell is in order.

koalaboi

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Behold Dennis the diesel and Terry the trailer.

Old reliable mates at Lake Mungo with an even older but far less reliable mate!

Sorry Oatesy, but it was there.

KB

MCG 2011 024.jpg

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
A 1998 Mitsubishi Delica 2.8l intercooled turbo diesel, short wheel base (Relatively). 7 seats, or four seats and a tonne of storage space for my land based activities. Brilliant. Haven't been able to stop it. Definitely a keeper. Become a huge fan of automatics for four wheel driving.

DSCF0041.jpg

On the water it's my kayak. Sorry, don't have a pic of that for some reason.
Cheers

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Ah, that answers that question - you are the same Bloffy! (I am/was? Farkles on the delica club forum)
I sold my Deli a couple of months ago. Loved it, but it had to go. (See post #6)
Might replace it with another one yet.

Red23

Ray Mears
Reaction score
ha! a delica club forum!!

I shouldn't laugh, my only mode of transport is my trusty "Baron" and I regularly check three places about them (one facebook two forums)

got some saddle bags coming and looking for long range fuel options

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
ha! a delica club forum!!

I shouldn't laugh, my only mode of transport is my trusty "Baron" and I regularly check three places about them (one facebook two forums)

got some saddle bags coming and looking for long range fuel options

Go the postie. i am looking for one myself at the moment.

Old xr250 fuel tanks are often used on them

Last edited:

Ben

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Four wheels - Hilux
Two wheels - WR 450F

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Redtail: yep. Typo 94. was late n not thinking. plus not at home to check. And what do you mean THAT Bloffy? :non sono stato io: How many of us do you think there are?????????????? :;):
Shame you sold yours. That had a good bit of fruit on it by the looks.
Just had mine done up. rust cut, turbo tuned (I hope) etc. Cant wait to get home n get out amongst it again. I'm now thinking of getting a sticker with Bushcrafting Launch Vehicle for back window. Pretty much sums up what I use it for. Loved it when I got it. Love it more now...
Red23. My cousins had one of those in a farm bike configuration. We managedc to do 100kmh uphill on a potholed gravel farm track with two of us on it, no helmets and Tshirts and shorts.
I was sitting on the back frame bit on a couple of wheat bags and my cousin was "in charge" Man that was scary... Ahhh good times.
Cheers
Bloffy

silverback

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Bush vehicle-99 gu nissanute,4.2turbo,canopy,3batteries,2 solar panels,50 l water tank,2way,ozieplorer gps mapping,batt monitors and tape,cd radio system. .CIMG0746.jpg
Town bus-98 hzj 105 rv cruiser,lights ,bars,console and a beeyutiful sound system.008 (800x535).jpg

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Bush vehicle-99 gu nissanute,4.2turbo,canopy,3batteries,2 solar panels,50 l water tank,2way,ozieplorer gps mapping,batt monitors and tape,cd radio system.
Nice lookin setup. I the quad bike and van included ?

Any extra fuel tanks onboard ?

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
My daily driver is my Suzuki DR650 that I have kitted out for remote adventure travel. I have added a 35L Safari fuel tank, Hoey Suspension, GPS, etc to it. My house virtually backs onto the forestry so I quite often take "detours" on my way home from work. My mate has one set up the same so we take them on longer trips regularly too.

The wife's car is a Toyota Landcruiser HZJ105 that I have also set up for remote area travel. My last fourby was a pretty wild 80 series that has done every hard track at Land Cruiser Mountain Park and Manar 4wd Park, plus numerous outback adventures. This current 105 is a lot tamer than the old 80 and is set up more for traveling. The wife, daughter and I just got back from a trip out to Lake Eyre towing the camper trailer.

On the water I paddle a Wavedance Kingfisher kayak that I have set up for kayak fishing but I have done a couple of trips in it. One trip was up to Coongul creek on Fraser Island. I caught the barge over to Moon Point as a walk on passenger (with kayak) and then paddled up the island to Coongul for the night before paddling back to the barge the next day.

I used to have a 4.1m Quintrex Dory with a 30hp Mercury but I recently sold it as it was a bit long in the tooth and I needed to change to a 4 stroke outboard if I wanted to keep fishing at Lenthall's Dam. So now I am in the market for a new tinny as it is a bit hard to run the crab pots in the kayak. I am looking at something like a 4.6m with a 60 hp 4 stroke this time.

Failing any of those transport options I can use my mountain bike or my own two legs.

Bernoulli

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I have had a number of 4X4s over the years. For the last 30 or so they have been Mitsubishis. I now have two and have owned 7 or 8. The two I own now are a '89 Dodge Raider (re-badged Mitsubishi) and a '95 Pajero, both SWBs with 3.0L engines and 5 spd transmissions. I have the Raider in the U.S. It's the best 4X4 I've ever owned. That version was not sold here with the V6. It has taken me everywhere I wanted to go - mostly hunting and fishing in eastern Oregon, USA.

The Pajero is nice, but bigger and heavier than my Raider. Because of that, its performance is not as good as the Raider. I've looked for an 88 import with the V6, but the only one Ive found was way too expensive.

In general they are superior off road to any LWBs and most SWBs. Their highway manners are better than the other SWBs I've driven - much more stable when bad things happen.