What is your B.L.V?

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Another slang term i've heard on Aboriginal communities for 'shanks mare' and 'shanks pony' is 'foot falcon'.

Hairy

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
From my intro thread, I drive a 2001 4.2ltr turbo diesel GU Nissan Patrol.

She's fully kitted out with everything we need to do what we want including dual batteries, snorkel, awning, cargo barrier and drawer system.

Some pics...

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice ride mate. Is that crossing the Pentecost River on the Gibb?

Last edited:

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
My BLV

Thought i would post a few pics of our old bus. Its been all the way to Cobourg in Arnhem land, kalumburu and brome, Cape York, the Simpson, central aus a few times, the high country, tas and up and down the east coast heaps. Plus more weekenders than i can remember. It has showed my family so much of Aus and as we almost always travel alone it never lets us down.
I also have a work commodore that goes surprisingly well off rd plus the fuel is free, and the missus has a 4wd courier ute.
The simpson

crossing the Jardine

Gunshot

Vic high country

Herne spur trail (a big climb with a camper)

Thanks
Darren

Last edited:

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic phots. I love all those places, but we took the chicken track aroung GunShot after meeting a chap who flipped his trailer onto the roof of his 4wd.... and the other guy who's soft-roader 4wd (can't remeber exactly what it was) started floating away !

payney

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
my 60 series big plans for it but for now it does everything we need it to.
so far iv done 2" lift and lots of servicing stuff is a really good rig.

fj62.jpg

and im yet to do a multi day trip but this is my kayak a
seabird discovery mini sea kayak (the yellow one)

DSC_0094.jpg

Last edited:

TheHessian

Russell Coight
Reaction score
My Honda 230L fantastic bike. Would love a Triton or patrol though, stuck with a sedan currently

Dusty

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I like looking at these thread... like very much. Great photos guys.

äuscraft stated earlier "mine would be The Hilux SR 5. and a nice little Xtrail for day trips"

Well the Xtrail after it had a bashing (few roos, auscraft gave it a new look with the Hilux a couple of times) was replaced with another. This one is 1988, manual (previous auto), has a big bull bar. We transferred CB over and put in points for engels, phone etc. Been brilliant for day trips again. Drawback is lower to ground than the old one. Just have to make sure this one doesn't end as dodgem car practice. The Hilux is still doing a brilliant job.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
My trusty Hilux,
On the trusty note, I took my off-road rubber back off today, to put my road wheels on, and note that it has done another rear axle oil seal, Bugger.
Check the oil seal seat and make sure the axle is nice and polished and not corroded (if water gets in there it rusts and then that rough surface stuffs the seal). I had the same problem but in the front swivel hubs - whoever pulled the seals out before I bought the vehicle must have jammed a screwdriver in there to get it out and scored the surface. After having to pull that greasy mess apart a second time after it leaked again I made sure I got rid of all the burrs and then used some quicksteel to fill the scars, and then sanded it back to level and haven't had a problem since :)

Oh yeah... 91 Hilux, diesel.

3649476981_7ab5097ed1_z.jpg

Last edited:

Walden

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Chutes - that is a fine ride. I would get one of those if I didnt have a Land Rover fetish.

My rides are 1995 Land Rover Defender 130 dual cab and a 1997 Land Rover Discovery Tdi for the wife. I have my eyes open for an old series Land Rover though.

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
That looks like fun chutes.
I wanted to get a 4 wheeler but you can't register them here, in Victoria, either full redgo or recreationally. [ You can in Tasmania ]
I'm thinking that something like that or even Suzuki 4WD would be the next best thing..I'm not sure that I can justify the redgo and insurance on something I'd only use once a month though.
I Might get a trail bike again.

hobes

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
THE BIG GIRL,

veg powered hilux.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gets me there quick enuf, and runs for free.

6inch lift, 33x12.5's, 4.875 diffs,the usual stuff. 97 mod.

Last edited: