What did you do today?

Boogers

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Looks like heaven out there, nice photos. Is that a drone shot? They'd be really handy for scouting.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Love the kayaking pix Mozz! Something I was vaguely thinking about doing and I'm now convinced. It must be possible to hire kayaks down the south coast for a weekend.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like heaven out there, nice photos. Is that a drone shot? They'd be really handy for scouting.
have to say after all the storms it was bloody awesome, we did three lakes and all were like mill ponds.

...and yep, its a Mavic 2 Zoom, we do a LOT of scouting with it, nothing like an eagle eye view ;)

Love the kayaking pix Mozz! Something I was vaguely thinking about doing and I'm now convinced. It must be possible to hire kayaks down the south coast for a weekend.
Hey Tap, you get the right days and it can be wonderful, even in winter, tho the lake water was f f f freezin, never saw me move so fast hoping in the kayak.

not sure about the hire, owning kayaks you never think of this but i guess do a google search for at a boat hire place and ask who does kayaks,
I do know you can hire kayaks and canoes in Kangaroo Valley NSW for the Shoalhaven and Kangaroo rivers

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Thanks Mozzie, enjoyed that. What an amazing place. The drone footage give a sense of size and location. I liked the Hobbit and just caught a glimpse of a mermaid. Look forward to part 2.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mozzie, enjoyed that. What an amazing place. The drone footage give a sense of size and location. I liked the Hobbit and just caught a glimpse of a mermaid. Look forward to part 2.

Thanks Thrud, we wanted to get more drone footage but the wind ripping over the top was a bit blustery for any higher filming, we intend to go back on a calmer day

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Great looking spot.
I wonder if I could hire out knee pads and make a fortune ?
you probable could, it was a pain in the back just for me and im only 5'2

we did discuss knee pads for next time, but i will conveniently forgot to remind him just so i get the winging on video hahahaha ;) :ROFLMAO:

Kindliing

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
600DBB1D-E2AC-45AB-89CB-EA767D234B0F.jpegyesterday .....
went on a forest drive , saw this when we stopped.
I didn’t disturb it to try see if it had a skinny neck and big head .

I did think it was a night tiger though by the colors.

also went down a few tracks to see where they went , got to try out the new axe handle on a tree that had fallen across and blocked the track.

chopped it out of the way and then the handle cracked through both sides near the head.

(bunnings) terrible quality.

down another track found a big hole and one wheel suspended off the ground, and stuck , easily fixed however with a fallen branch to get moving again. (Backwards and a retreat).
Finished my second wool blanket bush hoodie type shirt today .
goes down near the knees so it’s a good overnighter when simple camping.

that is a fun rewarding project if you haven’t already tried .

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
My son has decided trail running is for him, so he did 11.5k whilst I took MBF for a walk in the hills and did 6.5k. Worked out well. Cold wind and no cloud. He saw a rogue emu rabbits and Roos, I saw Roos and herons.
I might take up this trail running...well, the trail bit at least.

Attachments

Kindliing

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
B581CE89-2C01-4DBE-8EE6-BDB40606AB59.jpegbig track here , not sure if it had legs or not .
Lots of bush walking , mapping.
saw a dog cross the road yesterday , glad we didn’t come across it walking,not sure what it’s temperament would have been , we were leaving in the vehicle at the time.
I first said to myself there’s someone’s pig dog ,
Then had a good look and it looked like a dingo no collar . I thought I’d seen big dingoes before , as a wild dog cross , it had its own type of dingo like build , could be the height of an Alsatian .
wondered if it would have tried attack the dogs , didn’t like to imagine there being more than one in the pack either.