What did you do today?

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Do you have any issues with the arrows going through the target and out the other side?
Not when they're new, but gradually (depending on how well I'm shooting) the middle gets shot out and then the odd arrow goes through, but just sticks in the ground behind. Then it's time to look out for new cushions. I only shoot recurves and longbows up to 45# - if I had a compound bow it might be different, but then you can put 2 cushions up.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Found two of my favorite 'bugs' yesterday. A Wattle cup moth larvae and a Botany bay weevil.
that moth larvae is so luminescent, no wonder its a favourite HM

and yep used to find the blue and brown weevels, used to call them "splinter pulls" as kids

cheers Moz

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
when I was a kid those wattle cup moths were seasonal and everywhere. Haven't seen one for years. We used to call them Chinese junks, which was quite accurate really. I think that's because there were lots of english immigrants where I grew up; many of them were familiar with Hong Kong, India Africa etc. For example, as a kid if someone got in trouble the kids around you would say "amah". In later years I looked this up, and it was the Indian name for nanny. So, I'm guessing these moths were named by English kids who spent some time in Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
We're in Derby with mountain bikes. I rode kingswall after a 13km climb via blue track to the start of it. Not my video.

Kindliing

Les Stroud
Reaction score
For what it's worth , a lot of people seem to have their own versions of reality at the moment.
In mine the bush is calling.

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
For what it's worth , a lot of people seem to have their own versions of reality at the moment.
In mine the bush is calling.
Thanks for the video, exactly right, these people left it too late to stock up on survival supplies. Prepping is NOT hoarding as our corrupt Prime Minister calls it! It is common sense & a sensible thing to do. Having good supplies in your home is not a problem, the problem is leaving it too late & then panic buying.
Keith.

Kindliing

Les Stroud
Reaction score
People have had it cushy for so long in the west , the complacency and dependency has become the exact point where they could quickly become the most vulnerable.

I won't be waiting in the bread lines , to be told what to think how to act .

I got a shock realising the stupid people suddenly come to light under pressure also.
Until things calm down a bit , 'social distancing' as they're calling it sounds good to me.

ill try not to eat any bats !
Stay safe out there Keith.

Good health.

Last edited:

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
People have had it cushy for so long in the west , the complacency and dependency has become the exact point where they could quickly become the most vulnerable.

I won't be waiting in the bread lines , to be told what to think how to act .

I got a shock realising the stupid people suddenly come to light under pressure also.
Until things calm down a bit , 'social distancing' as they're calling it sounds good to me.

ill try not to eat any bats !
Stay safe out there Keith.

Good health.
A good video this one, I think it explains it very clearly.
Keith.

Kindliing

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Yes pretty serious business, the economic aspect also to come.
Its only really now beginning.

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning and every afternoon check to see new member approvals and OMG the spammers EVERY day trying to get in here, be thankfull you have me at the front door with my baseball bat, they must not have anything better to do 🤔🤔

edit: if at any time you see we are being spammed, please mark it as such and i will deal with ASAP

Cheers Mozz

Last edited:

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
This morning and every afternoon check to see new member approvals and OMG the spammers EVERY day trying to get in here, be thankfull you have me at the front door with my baseball bat, they must not have anything better to do 🤔🤔

edit: if at any time you see we are being spammed, please mark it as such and i will deal with ASAP

Cheers Mozz
I still don't know what a spam is or what it looks like . Apart from the meat that is .

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I still don't know what a spam is or what it looks like . Apart from the meat that is .
It will present itself something like this Barra:

"Discount for s*x by trained women for all Australian bushcrafters. Please prove your membership to a bonafide Bushcraft group to receive your discount".
"Contact Suzie on 0* 76355090"

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score

hey Barra, Spam can be defined as irrelevant or unsolicited messages, usually sent to a large number of users
for a variety of use cases such as advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.

We do have a stop gate set on the forum for when a NEW member signs up, their ip and email will be flagged if it has been used on many multiple other sites for unsolicited postings, when the new member is flagged i deny their entry and its added to the "Stop Forum Spam" site, its quiet good and protects the forum really well .

hope this helps

mozz

CCD39E3A-3F23-4950-818D-C9756FD0237F.jpeg

Last edited:

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I don't do much in the way of emails , but I assume that is how spam is done .

Last edited:

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Social distancing is God's way of telling me to make more arrows...

I was lucky enough to have ordered 24 shafts recently. I've been putting off staining and sealing them, as that first part is a bit dull, but only one more coat to go and I'll move on to weighing, spine testing, and selecting them for adding points and bareshaft tuning.

271022 - 1.jpg