What did you do today?

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice protected bay. Happy paddling.
Hi RE, this is actually a river and it is protected if the wind is from the east, if itโ€™s a westerly, itโ€™s crappy lol. I lucked out on the good weather and the tide, itโ€™s been gusting to 90 kms some days here ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
I sat on the lounge all day. Wanna know why?
On Tuesday I was out mountain biking as a part of a work function.
On Monday, I completed a couple of green and blue courses then rode to a ridge with a steep downhill that would have made the man from Snowy River draw rein. Lol.
Tuesday morning, out for another ridge ride. All good and somehow arrived home safely.
Skip forward a few hours. The team went for a short road ride between two locations where we were to do some team building etc.
Unfortunately, I never got there. A couple of seconds distraction and I was off the road, over the bars and getting bundled into a car off to the hospital where, you guessed it - a broken collarbone, bits of bark off me and my pride in total tatters.
So here I sit, my arm in a sling and four weeks or so of recovery ahead of me....
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Bloffy. A full and speedy recovery, Uneekwahn or Redtail will carry your pack from now on.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
At least you have a good story how you did it, I was thinking over handle bars of bike, you sure you didnโ€™t just trip taking out the garbage ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช rest up, few weeks wonโ€™t take to long to zip by ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
What have I been doin? Just got back from Waikiki Hawaii, it was nice but over rated, bit like the Gold Coast on Steroids ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and not to mention they know how to make you burn money .. holy snapping dog kaka ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Our Aussie dollar is crook to the US$, did a tally up for the one week and said a lot of colourful words ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ
Sorry but not in a hurry to go back, very disappointed, for the money could have spent two months up the Gold Coast.

On a side note home for two days then back to Sydney to get a flight to Christchurch, we are off for hiking in the snow and ice, canโ€™t wait ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Mozz

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Bloffy' sorry to hear of your mishap, bicycles can be fun but its a bit hard when you come off in a bad way. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Mozz' the lousy AU exchange rate does not help with overseas travel.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
On Monday, I completed a couple of green and blue courses then rode to a ridge with a steep downhill that would have made the man from Snowy River draw rein. Lol.
Tuesday morning, out for another ridge ride. All good and somehow arrived home safely.
Skip forward a few hours. The team went for a short road ride between two locations where we were to do some team building etc.
Unfortunately, I never got there. A couple of seconds distraction and I was off the road, over the bars and getting bundled into a car off to the hospital where, you guessed it - a broken collarbone, bits of bark off me and my pride in total tatters.
So here I sit, my arm in a sling and four weeks or so of recovery ahead of me....
Cheers
Bloffy
Bad luck mate, take it easy & don't try & do too much too soon!
Regards, Keith.

Redtail

Rรผdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Cheers
Bloffy
Maybe take some fatherly advice from yourself?
e.g. "Dumb twit. You're too old for that shit!" :p
Nah, seriously, get yourself mended, and come join us on Mt Mambup again soon.
Thrud's itching to show off his tree-felling technique. ;)

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Awesome Bloffy :ROFLMAO:. One of my friends broke her ankle taking dishes into the house from a barbeque. I had a broken ankle (well, a smashed foot) at the same time riding a little 10hp 125 road bike (not on this ride) :rolleyes:. I'm sure you and I had more fun than my friend with the dishes.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
What have I been doin? Just got back from Waikiki Hawaii, it was nice but over rated, bit like the Gold Coast on Steroids ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and not to mention they know how to make you burn money .. holy snapping dog kaka ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Our Aussie dollar is crook to the US$, did a tally up for the one week and said a lot of colourful words ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ
Sorry but not in a hurry to go back, very disappointed, for the money could have spent two months up the Gold Cast.

On a side note home for two days then back to Sydney to get a flight to Christchurch, we are off for hiking in the snow and ice, canโ€™t wait ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Mozz
Yes, I would have had all that time in NZ. There are some awesome big walks there. That's on my wish list. And even though it costs money to walk on some of the tracks, it's probably still a pretty cheap holiday.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Well, I went for a solo 13k hike today. Came round a corner and 30m away was this large wombat.

Mentioned it to the ranger and he explained that as I was in Banff in Canada, that it was a grizzly.

Well, you live and learn.
Well I had a mate, Ron, who visited a national park somewhere in the states. The ranger was showing a group of them around and showed them what he said was the biggest grass hopper in the world (it was probably Texas :ROFLMAO:). Ron, a wheat and sheep farmer from the west said "Nah, we've got much bigger ones than that. Some stand six feet tall! We call em kangaroos". :D

Last edited: