BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

Wet Rub Kangaroo & Wiild Weeds Gnocchi

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Out bush the other day teaching some foraging and bush cooking skills. I Love these palm leaf sheaths as they make great improvise bowls for the storing and harvesting of wild plants.

Banana leafs when available are good resource when cooking outdoors. Not only do they help keep food of the clean out of the dirt. But you can use them "En papillote" folding the leaf and gently cooking the meat or fish inside.

The kangaroo tenderloin has been given a wet rub of saitbush, Australian native thyme and chille from the pantry.

Foraged wiild fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and madira vine (Anredera cordifolia ) gnocchi lunch. Cooked on a improvised vintage petrol can stove I made.The stove "chimney" is made from a bike frame tube

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_082616_995.jpg
    IMG_20220624_082616_995.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220623_175934_212.jpg
    IMG_20220623_175934_212.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 7

Yamaotoko

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Out bush the other day teaching some foraging and bush cooking skills. I Love these palm leaf sheaths as they make great improvise bowls for the storing and harvesting of wild plants.

Banana leafs when available are good resource when cooking outdoors. Not only do they help keep food of the clean out of the dirt. But you can use them "En papillote" folding the leaf and gently cooking the meat or fish inside.

The kangaroo tenderloin has been given a wet rub of saitbush, Australian native thyme and chille from the pantry.

Foraged wiild fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and madira vine (Anredera cordifolia ) gnocchi lunch. Cooked on a improvised vintage petrol can stove I made.The stove "chimney" is made from a bike frame tube
Looks like a feast!