Western Australia - Noongar Bush Tucker book

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Reading the blurb, they talk about lots of the plants not widely available due to deforestation etc. It would be great if the government started a native nursery for such things, or even someone private. The Wollemi pine was nearly extinct but is now in people's gardens, hopefully ensuring it's conservation.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Cheers Redtail. I’ve ordered mine. I also have expressed interest in Bob Cooper’s plan for a bush tucker course.
I’ve read about a lot of the local edibles, but unless someone shows me them, I wouldn’t be game to try!

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Cheers Redtail. I’ve ordered mine. I also have expressed interest in Bob Cooper’s plan for a bush tucker course.
I’ve read about a lot of the local edibles, but unless someone shows me them, I wouldn’t be game to try!
I was unaware of that one. Is there a register somewhere? Do tell!

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
There’s nothing on his website but when I emailed him a couple of months back about courses he did mention it in his email. I am planning on doing a couple of courses with him later this year.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Thanks MDU.

I’d be keen to do the snake handling course, and perhaps even redo the tracking, so let us know( that’s if you can put up with me)

This is the excerpt from the newsletter:
“Edible and Medicinal Plant Walk
Edible and Medicinal Plant Walk
There is a great deal of interest in edible plants at the moment so we are planning to run Edible, Medicinal and useful native plant walks in 2019 after summer.
Whilst still in the planning stages please feel free to email us and register your interest in the walk. Pricing and content are yet to be set but needless to say it will be a day packed full of information and activity with some bush tucker samples.
We’d love for you to join us!”

When I emailed about 2 weeks ago, they said that they had been; planning to do one in April, but that didn’t occur.

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Thanks MDU.

I’d be keen to do the snake handling course, and perhaps even redo the tracking, so let us know( that’s if you can put up with me)

This is the excerpt from the newsletter:
“Edible and Medicinal Plant Walk
Edible and Medicinal Plant Walk
There is a great deal of interest in edible plants at the moment so we are planning to run Edible, Medicinal and useful native plant walks in 2019 after summer.
Whilst still in the planning stages please feel free to email us and register your interest in the walk. Pricing and content are yet to be set but needless to say it will be a day packed full of information and activity with some bush tucker samples.
We’d love for you to join us!”

When I emailed about 2 weeks ago, they said that they had been; planning to do one in April, but that didn’t occur.
Funny you mention the snake handling one because that was one that I wanted to do. Happy to organise to attend the same event will probably book it soon.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Ooh that book looks good. Might have to spend a bit of birthday money on that.....
I just wish I could afford any of Bob's courses.
I met his wife. If he is half as friendly or knowledgeable he would be impressive. Would so love to do the survival course, the tracking course and now you mention a bush tucker course. Oh that would be heaven on a popstick.
Hmm, might have to start wearing my nearest and dearest down. Lol
Cheers
Bloffy