Welcome to the Scouts Australia forum on Bushcraft OZ

Michael

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
ex first freo rover it was great but I agree with most that it has changed heaps and I think for the worse

GTVi

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
ex first freo rover it was great but I agree with most that it has changed heaps and I think for the worse
...that and the fact the Baden family name is now known for the wrong reasons.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Hi

I joined Cubs when I was 8. No such thing as Joeys back then. I was a sixer in Cubs then I went to Scouts where I became Patrol Leader. When I was in Venturers I was Unit Chairman. I joined Rovers where I managed to keep a low profile until I left just before I was to be booted because I was getting married.

Scouts for me was a great experience. I had great Leaders who taught me heaps and took us out camping all the time. Most of my good memories from my childhood are from being in Scouts.

Even though my daughter isn't old enough yet even for Joeys I joined back up last week as a Scout Leader. Hopefully she will want to join up when she is old enough. I won't "make" her come along if she doesn't want to but right now she absolutely loves camping.

I have to wait for all the paperwork to go through before I can start my Leader training. But that should hopefully just be a formality. The local troops are desperate for leaders so hopefully I will be able to inject some life into it.