We need a WA meet

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Alright Western Australians proud and true. It's time for us to dust off the boots, repack our packs and pull out all our toys.
MDU and I were talking offline the other day and realised how long it was since our last moot.
Soooooooo, I am putting it to you all. Where, when and what do we want to do?
I will work around anywhere, anyone to get along.
Get your thinking caps (or bush hats) on. Let's make this one awesome. We have had a lot of rain lately so water and green places should be easy to find.

Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Sounds like a damn good idea to me. How about somewhere your way, Bloffy? It'll be a fair bet to be a lot cooler. Assuming the roads haven't been washed out!

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Okay, I will see what I can find. Inland a bit, or coastal?
Leaning towards somewhere in towards Denmark. Start arguing about the dates. Lol.
How many might be interested? Will influence how much space we need. Can't have fires down here until April, I think but will check it out.
Cheers
Bloffy

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Thrud, that time you came down mid winter. We walked the beach then came across that glade with the stream nearby. Do you remember it? We could beach fish, camp in the glade, water from the creek. Your thoughts? Nice mix of everything? Or I could try and find somewhere up a local river, canoe up, camp creek side. Plenty of options.
How many of you have canoes or kayaks? I have a canoe, two or three kayaks, could possibly borrow another couple from work.
Early April or May might be better for me. Mid to end of April I have other commitments.
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
We stayed at the campsite on Torbay inlet road, good spot as I recall. There is a long drop toilet there and you are 30 secs from the inlet/river and about 10 mins walk to the ocean.
The road in was navigable in a normal car.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
@ Oncedisturbed. No probs mate. Bring a boogie board and we will just drag you along behind us. Lol
I remembered another spot in the Mt Franklin area but would need to do a reccy before hand.
Would be a bush camp but I can't remember if it is a four wheel drive in or not?
Cheers
Bloffy

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Guys, I am new to the group but would definitely be up for this. Coastal sounds good to me!!