Water Bottle Gourds WANTED.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I would like to try bees waxing the interior of a gourd to make a decent sized water bottle. Is there anyone who can supply & post these to me please? I have left it too late in the season to grow my own now! Either 2 or 3 medium sized ones or preferably two large ones. Let me know your payment method preference if you do not have PayPal.
Thank you.
Regards, Keith.
bottles.jpg
This type or similar.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
gourd.jpg

Used from Papua New Guinea? :non sono stato io:

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Do you know if they will cross pollinate with squash/pumpkins?
Keith.

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
They are closely related so they might. It would only be a problem if you
are saving seeds I guess.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you might be right mate, too late in the season now though, have to wait for next spring.
Keith.
If you do end up growing your own and want to keep it local. Do you have a seed saver group at your local markets Keith? Our local seed saver here sells gourd seeds. Not sure what variety they come in though or if its a lucky dip what shape they grow in?

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
If you do end up growing your own and want to keep it local. Do you have a seed saver group at your local markets Keith? Our local seed saver here sells gourd seeds. Not sure what variety they come in though or if its a lucky dip what shape they grow in?
Not sure about the market Blake, but I think "Diggers" sell the seeds. The water bottle gourd is a particular type & shape.
Thanks Blake, appreciated.
Keith.