WA Meet May 3-5 2019 Collie

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
G'day all. Nothing on the calander as yet for these dates.
Probably just setting myself up for failure yet again, however I am super keen and happy to travel.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Uh huh! Yep, right. Okay. See you there, then mate. Lol
Jokes aside. Looking forward to catching up.
Set the where and when. I'll be there.
Cheers
Bloffy

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Looks pleasant enough and perhaps in early May it might be a bit quieter than it looks in the photo in the link.....?

Do people still water ski when it gets a bit colder?

Of course I doubt they would be skiing in the dark anyway, so the evenings should be quiet enough, unless we have noisy neighbours!

I'm happy to give it a crack if others are....!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
There was a spot up in the Avon Valley that me and Bloffy went to that was pretty cool.

I think it was called the Royal Retreat Campsite. Don't now why. A long drop was about the extent of the facilities. But it was clean and quiet. Back of beyond and tested my Captiva AWD to its limits getting to the spot as the track was heavily rutted with some rocky bits and big potholes full of water. I got there at lunchtime and it was starting to rain so I spent the Arvo collecting firewood and trying to keep it dry. We had as great fire that evening.
Bloffy managed to navigate to the camp late that night in the pitch black in his Ute, so would be no or problem for the big 4 wheel drives.
Spectacular scenery and good walks along the River, with opportunities for hammock campers as well as ground dwellers.

But at least 2 of us have been there (been there done that) and it's another big road trip for Bloffy which is why we were looking for something approx half way (ish).

But there must be heaps of spots off the beaten track that we can look at for some proper 'bush' camping without going to the main WA tourist hot spots.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Have a look at Green bushes. Couple of nice spots around there. Dwellingup is good. If I have enough warning, I'm happy to drive. Just let me know.
Cheers
Bloffy

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Have a look at Green bushes. Couple of nice spots around there. Dwellingup is good. If I have enough warning, I'm happy to drive. Just let me know.
Cheers
Bloffy
Dwellingup was a great spot - but wasn't that also bogan, quad and motorbike central....? Unleast until it went dark.....?

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Oh yeah, true. I forgot. The other camp lnorth of Perth we have done a few times. East, north, Southwest. Plenty of options. Chime in anyone, who might have an idea.
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Norring Lake? Is there a campsite there, MDU?

Hut Pool look slike it's a day use only, but there is a Schroeder Pool nearby that could be good?

As for Greenbushes, my neighbour is often camping down there (in a caravan). I'll have a yarn to him about what's there.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I (re)found a top spot, riverside in Dwellingup last weekend. But you'll need a fourby to get in there. Not hard, but clearance is handy.

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I (re)found a top spot, riverside in Dwellingup last weekend. But you'll need a fourby to get in there. Not hard, but clearance is handy.
Sounds like a good plan Redtail! Would anyone be able to give me a lift......?