WA meet - Grimwade in July

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Bloffy, you're an uncle!

View attachment 23037

View attachment 23038

Have fun down there guys. Hopefully I can make the next one :)
Are you talking about making it to the next meet, or the next child.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH (and the siblings). I am so happy for you. Well done.
BTW, name, gender (because names can be misleading sometimes) and vital statistics.
If I'm an uncle, I need to know these things.....
Cheers
Bloffy

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
@ MJC88. I'm leaving work about noonish, and a quick trip home to change, eat and pack, out by 1pm.
Three hours and six minutes later, if I don't stop for a wee break along the way, Mr GoogleMaps says I will arrive. So somewhere between 4pm and 5pm, methinks. Yay, might even get there and have the hammock up and fire lit by last light.
Bringing a few goodies. Really want to try my hand at a bush loom. Have a pump drill I have been working out, unsuccessfully so far.
And then the usual other goodies. Really must get myself organised and packed soon.
Looking forward to catching up.
Cheers
Bloffy

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
^ Same here, I expect to arrive 4:30ish, are we just heading straight to the dam area? expected overnight temps plus a low valley plus a reasonable body of water means the old Monty down bag gets an outing, can't wait!
Bodge.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Yeah Bodge. I am thinking that might be the go. If we park ourselves close to the dam, it could be quite nice. We can decide where once there.
Cheers
Bloffy

MJC88

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Balingup is showing overnight minimums of 0 and -1 on my weather app currently! Looks like I may have to find something a bit more substantial than my 5 degree synthetic jobbie haha. Sounds good guys I should be there mid arvo, I'll be the one with the white dual cab Triton.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
@ MJC88 I can bring a spare 4 season bag if you want? I'll be down (hopefully, as Dad has been admitted to hospital in the UK) on Saturday with Bill. If you are still alive then you can use it on Sat night.

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Balingup is showing overnight minimums of 0 and -1 on my weather app currently! Looks like I may have to find something a bit more substantial than my 5 degree synthetic jobbie haha. Sounds good guys I should be there mid arvo, I'll be the one with the white dual cab Triton.
Yep it's going to be chilly! I just invested in a piece of Formshield for the bottom of the swag. Should bump the warmth up quite a bit.

Sent from my camp fire by smoke signal!

MJC88

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Should be alright Thrud, but I appreciate the offer :) I have an older 0 degree bag which is quite bulky, but given we'll be vehicle based I'll bust it out. Hope your dads ok mate.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Very little rain and light winds but yep, bloody cold. Might not be sticking my head out of my bag until about 10am lol. They've had a fair bit of rain there recently so I hope it's not too flooded. Worst comes to worst, we can beat retreat to higher ground. Only time will tell.
Cheers
Bloffy

Decco

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Looks like i might be able to knock off work at 4pm might head down from perth friday night.

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Had a great couple of nights away, I have not laughed so much and so hard for a long time. Look forward to Bloffy's write up but in the mean time here's some pictures, enjoy.

Grimwade dam and surrounds.

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

Various forms of accommodation and tasks undertaken.

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

Some shared company.

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

Thanks to all, it was great to meet with you all and will be there for the next one.

DSC00256.jpg

Regards Bodge.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Cracking pics Bodge! It was a great meet, the only negatives for me were the motorcyclists and the rubbish. It was really good to put a face to people and spend some time with like-minded people. We have to have more regular meets and get more of the WA crew along. I too, am looking forward to Bloffys report and know he will give a factual and unbiased account of what went on...even the biohazard damper.

Have I said too much?

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
aaaarrrrgh. Just spent an hour doing the write up and my bloody computer crashed....
Sugar Honey Ice Tea....
Too late now. Will do the writeup tomorrow night.And no, I am not stalling. Honest Injun.
Got the pix Thrud. Thanks. Awesome.
Cheers
Bloffy