WA meet - Grimwade in July

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Which direction are you coming from? I can provide you a lift from the Bunbury area Friday arvo, I'm working but will drop to 8hrs so can be ready by 3.30 onwards.
cheers,
Bodge.
Thanks heaps for the offer Bodge. At this stage I won't be able to get down on Friday as planned but if all goes well I am hoping to be driving a new(er) set of wheels down early on the Saturday.

Determined to make it!

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Browny, assuming that you don't have a backpack waying more than 200kilos... I am heading down early on Sat and if your plans fall through, let me know and I'll give you a lift.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'm having to withdraw. :piange:

I was looking forward to it, but events of recent weeks are overtaking me. Nothing to worry about. Just time and energy needed elsewhere.

Enjoy yourselves! I look forward to the trip report.

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Thrud, you know my pack is lightweight, only abot 65 kilos, plus water. :_risata:

Hoping to know no later than Wednesday night. Nothing like cutting it fine eh!

If it's alright I'll get you to PM me your ph number just in case......

Browny, assuming that you don't have a backpack waying more than 200kilos... I am heading down early on Sat and if your plans fall through, let me know and I'll give you a lift.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Don't let him off so easy, Thrud! Using your strong, manly physique, manhandle him into the car and drag his pack if you must....
Okay. ROLL CALL.
I'm in still. EKO and coming in Friday. Bodge and MJC88 too.
Thrud, Decco, MDU and maybe the elusive Browny (if we can cut off any other excuses.lol) are Saturday. Maybe Sami as well. Might have to leave the purchase of Kirup Syrup to you Bodge as the nearly local. (Hic)
Decco, are you coming Friday or Saturday?
Gohard, have you got a leave pass yet?
Anyone else is still in? Not too late to chime in.
Artificial-interior-plastic-log-campfire-with-red-cellophane-flames stay-at-homers are Uneekwan (am I an uncle yet?), Redtail (too busy packing his 4WD for the Canning), Oncedisturbed (going under the knife - we could have let Thrud at you) and Doc (hmmm Grimwade v Saudi Arabia. Seriously?)
Cheers
Bloffy

Last edited:

Decco

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still in, coming down on Saturday. Unfortunately i have to work on Friday. So I'm driving out Saturday morning if anyone needs a lift.

MJC88

Les Stroud
Reaction score
It's in on my calendar Bloffy, hopefully the Friday too if I can get the day off (quietly confident).
Looking forward to putting some faces to names, a bit of show n tell and a few beers. What time you planning on arriving Bloffy?
I'll try and remember to throw in a few dry logs for firewood too, just in case.

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Don't let him off so easy, Thrud! Using your strong, manly physique, manhandle him into the car and drag his pack if you must....
Okay. ROLL CALL.
I'm in still. EKO and coming in Friday.
Thrud and maybe the elusive Browny (if we can cut off any other excuses.lol) are Saturday. Maybe Sami as well.
Bodge and MDU are Friday. Might have to leave the purchase of Kirup Syrup to you Bodge as the nearly local. (Hic)
Artificial-interior-plastic-log-campfire-with-red-cellophane-flames stay-at-homers are Uneekwan (am I an uncle yet?), Redtail (too busy packing his 4WD for the Canning), Oncedisturbed (going under the knife - we could have let Thrud at you) and Doc (hmmm Grimwade v Saudi Arabia. Seriously?)
Cheers
Bloffy
With the fear of being ostracized I must mention hear now, that I am a non drinker (seriously) and that any responsibility given to me in the purchase of said Kirrup Syrup may just end up with you receiving a jar or two of Mrs Offers famous tomato relish and cauliflower pickles. :emozionato:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Can you ferment that?:_risata:
Don't apologise for not imbibing, shows you have more sense than the rest of us!
I'm not a big drinker, one Tia Maria and Lucozade and I'm out for the count...

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I drink but very little 2 beers and I will be asleep. I am only coming down on Saturday morning as mentioned previously, my wife flies back from Hedland on Friday night.

Sent from my camp fire by smoke signal!

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Good to see there will be a few folks attending. The more witnesses to my existence the better the chance Bloff will believe! ( I'm starting to wonder if I'm not just someones imaginary if somewhat rotund friend myself...)

Looking like Thrud will be my chauffeur for the weekend. ( He offered a lift down, I should probably confirm the ride home too!? )

Do we have a list of toys folks are bringing for the show n tell? I have been told I need to leave most of the shed at home so I have to pack light. ish. For me.

Axe, knives, stoves, chair, hammock and acutrement, fire lighting, umm what did I miss? Do I need the spoon knife even if Doc's not attending?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
You don't have to pack light! I've persuaded the commander to let me borrow the Territory as long as I don't trash it.
Lift home is one million dollars...

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Okay. ROLL CALL.
I'm in still. EKO and coming in Friday.
Thrud and maybe the elusive Browny (if we can cut off any other excuses.lol) are Saturday. Maybe Sami as well.
Bodge and MDU are Friday. Might have to leave the purchase of Kirup Syrup to you Bodge as the nearly local. (Hic)
Cheers
Bloffy
Actually, the Canning SR trip has been postponed to next year. (Insert long story about work projects, other blokes not being organised, one went and bought a house ...)
Saturday night, Ms Redtail flies in from Europe after three weeks stomping along the borders of Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Italy. A little quality together time is in order.

However, I'm still envious of missing out. Looks like you've got a decent crew turning up.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Okay. That was a neat out. You're off Syrup duties. You're passenger(s), however....lol.
That said, the famous tomato relish and cauliflower pickles on freshly baked damper would be AWESOME. Just saying... hehe.
Hope you don't mind sitting around with those of us that do like to partake of the evil spirits.
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Three days old and he's already got 2 hats! I sense another gear freak.

Speak to Simon at Tier Gear, see if he can make baby hammocks, he could come along to Grimwade.

Last edited:

MJC88

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Congrats uneekwahn, and welcome to the world little bushcrafter!