WA meet - Grimwade in July

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Back in 2013, we West Australians spoke of going to Grimwade for a weekend but it never got off the ground.
Now I am keen to catch up with you ugly buggers but my calendar is pretty full through to July. So I am going to be a bit selfish here and put up a date. JULY 22-24, 2016.
I think AussieBosun put up the location first but it seemed to be a good spot. I know it will be cold but, you know what, who cares. Let's just do it.
Bushcrafting is about appreciating the bush in all its guises. Winter is a great time to get out amongst it. I can bring a couple of kayaks if you want.
Get your names in early and you can work out the carpooling etc out of the city.
Let us know your thoughts.
Cheers
Bloffy

Last edited:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
So far we have MongooseDownUnder, myself, Sami, Thrud, Decco and Bodge.
Possibles are Redtail and oncedisturbed.
Let's go guys.
Cheers
Bloffy

Last edited:

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
To be honest Redtail, I have never been there. it was recommended by AussieBosun a few years ago. We all talked about going and none of us were able to go.
Now I am giving everyone plenty of time to think up an excuse, like long service leave, (lol). Waiting on a few more responses. Thrud, Doc, Uneekwan, Silverback maybe, Any other Sandgropers looking for a weekend out bush. Let's get on board with this.
Cheers,
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I'll do my best. It's also the weekend of my old uni BFFF's significant birthday.
On the plus side, she and her hubby live in Margaret River, which means I may be closer to Balingup already that weekend.
On the minus side, she's a wine maker, which means I may not be in a fit state to drive anywhere!

I'm up for it, as long as the above pans out okay, and Thrud promises to sing about Romanian goat herders in his comical Uki voice again!
And ... stays away from me with sharp things.
PS - don't let him loan you his souvenir shot glass.

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
With most of my digits currently attached, should be ok, I probably won't be able to get there on Friday as I have things to sort on Sat am.
Shall I bring a knife? Third time lucky.......

oncedisturbed

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I'm a maybe, will depend on munchkins soccer

Never underestimate the power of the tap, let it flow through you.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Gday Decco,
It has been a long time. How's it going?
Bunyipbait is your brother right?
Either way, looking forward to catching up.
Cheers
Bloffy

Decco

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Hi Bloffy Yeah thats right bunyipbait is my brother. He's currently spending the whole year in south america, Canada and america. He' s just come out of the amazon jungle. believe he is doing the pacific crest trail next. Easy for some hey..

Decco

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I too am a ground dweller maybe this time we could outnumber the tree fairies...

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Well Bodge. We will put up with you ground dwellers if we must. Lol.
MDU, Bring your hammock regardless, We might be able to sort out any issues you have.
This is shaping up to be a good weekend.
Any thoughts on what we actually want to do? Concentrate on a certain craft set or just free flow? I'm leaning towards the latter. That way Thrud will be good tob ring every toy he owns....
Keep getting your names in guys. Want to catch up with you all.
Cheers
Bloffy

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
A ridgeline will sort your hammock hang troubles. Looking forward to it guys!

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I want to play with a few toys of mine. I have been working on bush class certification so might plan myself a couple of activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk