WA meet 2014....

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Now things are starting to cool off, we thought its about time we had another WA meet.

I guess the first thing is to decide where.

Any suggestions very welcome, the last meet was Albany (highly select group...well, Bloffy and I), the one before North of Perth.

We would ideally need trees for those of us who have returned to them, as well as clearing for the land lubbers.

Waroona has been suggested.

Over to you.

Last edited:

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Uneekwahn & I need to see if we can get permission to camp at Lake Navarino in the State forrest.

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Sounds good.................... providing the Universe is kind and Mr Murphy and his Laws sod off somewhere else!

(And assuming the date doesn't conflict with anything the "Events Co-ordinator" has planned for me ;D

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Sounds good.................... providing the Universe is kind and Mr Murphy and his Laws sod off somewhere else!

(And assuming the date doesn't conflict with anything the "Events Co-ordinator" has planned for me ;D
Mr Negative! It will be good to see you again Browny:D

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Work out WHATEVER date Browny wants. I gotta see that he's real. :_lol:
Mid-months and end of the months could be tricky but otherwise, I'm keen.
Without hitting up Google Maps, where's Lake Navarino. I take it, it's somewhere near Waroona, which would be good because my wife could go on to Pinjarra and see the Dragon, err Mother-In-Law (no really, lovely lady).
Cheers
Bloffy

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
A couple of things re Waroona, it's in the Dwellingup State Forest as far as I can tell. Unable to find out on the web if we can camp in areas that are not designated for camping.

Regarding fishing in the dam, from a search of the fisheries website, fishing closes off between 1 July and 31 August each year, so it would definitely be good to go before 1 July.

I'll try to make some enquiries today with DPaW to ascertain whether we can camp in the state forest.

Cheers,

Jason.