WA drinks?

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Anyone keen on a few brews in a couple of weekends?

Myself, Doc and Thrud did a 10km walk around Bell's Rapids and finished it off with beers and lunch at Feral Brewery, only 4 minutes from the Bell's Rapids car park.

We could do something similar, or just skip the walking and go straight to the food and beers?

I'm also happy to host at my place, sitting around the chiminea, talking bull****.

Any interested?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm in depending on when.
22 and 23rd working 29/30 working

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Possibility of being in Perth on June 8. Still waiting to hear. Will be working during the day but keen for a feeed, beers and B/S session. Will let you know.
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
'tis the season for bushwalking for me. Every walk I organise is timed to stop at a pub on the way home for a cleansing ale. :_fiu:

I can't do this weekend - I'll be on the Bibb, staying overnight at Nerang.

But the idea is a sound one, Uneekwahn, and I'm up for any and all variations, whether it be pub, walk then pub, fireside (chimineas included).
And IIRC, you have a purpose built forest in your backyard for the testing of hammocks?

I've been thinking about posting up a walk on here for a while now. I may just do that soon - as time and circumstance permit - and not wishing to steal your thunder, Uneekwahn.

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Well, if bloffy is coming up, the lovely wife is happy for me to have a few of you guys over for beers and boerewors!

Redtail, sorry you won't be able to make it if it goes ahead, would have been good to have a good chinwag, pubie to pubie ;)

And you are correct, I do have a purpose built forest:

And I had no thunder to steal mate :) Let me know when you're going on another walk and I'll tag along :)

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Warm the set and cool the tinnies. I'm in for Saturday night.
Uneekwahn: incoming.
@ Redtail: Jealous.:ngazzat: How do you go hiking any distance carrying two packs?????:bacino:
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Warm the set and cool the tinnies. I'm in for Saturday night.
Uneekwahn: incoming.
@ Redtail: Jealous.:ngazzat: How do you go hiking any distance carrying two packs?????:bacino:
Cheers
Bloffy
Jealous. Envious? I can't make it.

Two packs? The answer is one word ... "minions" ... have them carry it for you.

But seriously, I only carry two packs for show and tell and someone says "it's only a short walk from the car" and leaves the bit out about it being up and down a 24 degree slope!

Beaut weather this weekend, and I have a new tent and pack to play with. I'll leave you pretenders in Uneekwahn's backyard with your man-made forest, TV, flushing loo, and electric ice box (at least his lawn looks real). No doubt the stories will grow larger in the telling. Enjoy!

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Jealous. Envious? I can't make it.

Two packs? The answer is one word ... "minions" ... have them carry it for you.

But seriously, I only carry two packs for show and tell and someone says "it's only a short walk from the car" and leaves the bit out about it being up and down a 24 degree slope!

Beaut weather this weekend, and I have a new tent and pack to play with. I'll leave you pretenders in Uneekwahn's backyard with your man-made forest, TV, flushing loo, and electric ice box (at least his lawn looks real). No doubt the stories will grow larger in the telling. Enjoy!
That walk to the bushcraft camp was girly:_(A):

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I agree, I managed it without fixed ropes or oxygen; though I did have a Sherpa.

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw a Sherpa walking behind Thrud as no single man could carry that amount of kit!

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Drinks and a bbq at my place has the green light.

I've got to call bloffy this evening to confirm what time he thinks he'll be able to get here, but Doc and Thrud, you're welcome to come over anytime from 3pm onwards.

Bring your own beer and I'll supply the boerewors and other nibbles.

Thrud, PM incoming with my address.

Cheers,

Jason.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Tried that Feral brewery "raging Flem" last night... My head hurts.

Going into town today with my son, we will be going to the outdoor shop strip. If you want any kit then SMS me.

If they have anything on super special I'll contact you direct.

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Tried that Feral brewery "raging Flem" last night... My head hurts.

Going into town today with my son, we will be going to the outdoor shop strip. If you want any kit then SMS me.

If they have anything on super special I'll contact you direct.
SMS me on specials!

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Mountain Designs has a half decent sale on.

I picked up a two pairs of woollen hiking socks, can't recall the brand. About $30 a pair, but second pair was 50% off, which made it worthwhile.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
I believe Sherpas are buy two, get one free. Maybe Doc, Thrud and Redtail could go sharesies. See you tomorrow night. Retail, enjoy your hike. I'll think of you (maybe) about irresponsible drink # 3. NOT!!
Cheers
Bloffy

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
If any other WA BushcraftOz members want to come along to this, you're more than welcome. We're not all serial killers, so there isn't anything to worry about! Just PM me and I'll give you the address.