Visiting Perth from Washington

Vulpes

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hey all,
My name is Luke and I have just arrived in Perth for the next two weeks until New Year. I am a student at the Wilderness Awareness School in Washington State and would love to see how the bushcraft skills I am learning there can be applied to the unique bioregion of WA. I'm very interested in re-applying skills like tracking, bird language, and primitive fire to this landscape, but could also be excited about doing some flint knapping since my main purpose would be to connect with other naturalists in the area where my mother was born.

Feel free to PM me, or possibly a group could get together to go tracking somewhere. I'd also like to work on some hand drill as I don't want to get rusty before heading back into the rainy winter I'm escaping from.

Take care,
Luke

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
G'day Luke and welcome to WA.
I am about 400km south in Albany. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time at this time of year but if you find yourself down here, let me know. I would love to catch up, even if it is only for a coffee...
There are some very good bushcrafters in Perth who I am sure would be happy to spend some time with you.
Be aware of the very strict regulations re: open fires at this time of year but I hope you are able to get some skills practice in while you are here.
Cheers
Bloffy

Bunyipbait

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Sorry mate I'm away working and won't be back til next year.
Come on Perth represent!!!

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Would love to assist, but I'm still out of action. Not to mention my possibly questionable skills level.
(Then there is the question of my existence at all, ask Bloffy or see the trips thread for WA.... ROFL)

I hope someone can help this gentleman out though, where's that WA hospitality.
(Probably down the pub drinking. At least in Uneekk's case :D )

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Now in all fairness to Uneek, you know that it is impossible for the man to get lost in the bush. He can sniff out a decent IPA from several hundred kms and lead you straight to it......
Browny, you DO exist, even if it is only in Uneek's imagination.
I agree with you. Let's show Luke so WA hospitality where we can.
Cheers
Bloffy

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Now in all fairness to Uneek, you know that it is impossible for the man to get lost in the bush. He can sniff out a decent IPA from several hundred kms and lead you straight to it......
Browny, you DO exist, even if it is only in Uneek's imagination.
I agree with you. Let's show Luke so WA hospitality where we can.
Cheers
Bloffy

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Sorry Luke, unfortunately I cannot help out. I know that Doc is away as well.

Next time you are planning on coming over, give us the head's up and we can certainly sort something. I plan on doing Bob Cooper's tracking course, so, may be of some limited use afterwards. I should be able to track Uneekwahn, by the trail of exotic IPA bottles and patches of dead vegetation periodically along the track......