Video - Trip Report - Mid Weeker, Cowan Creek NSW

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hi All,

Corin and I got away last week for overnighter in Cowan Creek north of Sydney.

[video=youtube;yO8bnS1zUOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO8bnS1zUOI[/video]

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Great work mate, Thanks for the invite to come along, I had a great time.

Standing out there in the bay, watching the sun set, flicking a lure and listening to you playing that flute, was something else. A great trip!

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Good work guys, gotta love a summer yak trip.

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Awesome mate looks like a top spot! Thanks for sharing
Cheers Mate, turned out to be a little ripper of a spot.:_applauso:

Great work mate, Thanks for the invite to come along, I had a great time.

Standing out there in the bay, watching the sun set, flicking a lure and listening to you playing that flute, was something else. A great trip!
Thanks for making time, I know I had to drag you away from work to make it :)

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting the video.
Thanks for watching!

Good work guys, gotta love a summer yak trip.
Just a warm up for the Feb Meet!

The flute playing was a highlight for me :)
Hahaha thanks mate!

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
nice paddle, will have to check that one out for us here when i have my paddle arm back.

was there much in the way of stinky boat activity Lep?

oysters up around there are killers, I have sampled them on previous trips around the wonnie region:_s:

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Nah there wasn't too much up that way when we were there. I was thinking there would be a bit more traffic being holidays.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Nice little midweek refresher! Cheers

Standing out there in the bay, watching the sun set, flicking a lure and listening to you playing that flute, was something else
Having a bromance moment were we men? :_risata:

Kidding of course lads.

What was the yak Corin was using? It looked flexible at the top.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Very nice. I take it you didn't get a fire happening. Was it a cold meal or did you have gas alternative?
Nice place to paddle by the looks. Plenty of changing scenery and things to do. Apart from the taylor did you get amongst any other fish?
What yak were you in Leppy? Looked like a good river runner with that hatch back behind you.
Good to see people able to get out and about.
Cheers
Bloffy

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Very nice. I take it you didn't get a fire happening. Was it a cold meal or did you have gas alternative?
Nice place to paddle by the looks. Plenty of changing scenery and things to do. Apart from the taylor did you get amongst any other fish?
What yak were you in Leppy? Looked like a good river runner with that hatch back behind you.
Good to see people able to get out and about.
Cheers
Bloffy
Hey mate,

The fire was just out of reach this time around but ill find some materials and get it happening! Corin had a gas stove and I used my Minibull designs bongo pro alky stove. Corin showcased the bowdrill action and in no time had a ember that i used in a tinder bundle as i had never done that before which was cool, it has kind of created a bit of a desire to be able to do it myself.

Not sure what the specs pf of the yak i was in but it was a nice little thing. Great to feel the difference between it and my sit on top.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
:_s: They are a cool looking boat for sure but holy shiz nit! I'm a big believer in buying quality & getting what you pay for but unfortunately I'll never be able to justify one of these to the missus.

I recently been looking into these bad boys though: https://www.alpackaraft.com/index.cfm/store.catalog?CategoryID=53&ProductID=68
This would open up a whole world of awesomeness! Seems there are quite a few over at the bush walking forum that use them.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
:_s: They are a cool looking boat for sure but holy shiz nit! I'm a big believer in buying quality & getting what you pay for but unfortunately I'll never be able to justify one of these to the missus.

I recently been looking into these bad boys though: https://www.alpackaraft.com/index.cfm/store.catalog?CategoryID=53&ProductID=68
This would open up a whole world of awesomeness! Seems there are quite a few over at the bush walking forum that use them.
I bought mine 15 years ago, when I was a little less committed than I am now. Never regretted anything except not buying a bigger model.

Packrafts are brilliant, I have had my eye on one for a while.