Victorian Meet - January or February 2017

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer Biggles, it would be nice to catchup again.
We can try for another meet later on in the year.

Having checked with my family - Sunday 19th March (day trip) would suit me.
Mrs A may come along too (which would be nice, not sure about the Jr)

Can I suggest we choose a meeting place and time.

I don't know the area well enough to suggest anywhere other than in town, but from maps I can see camping places etc not too far away where we could head to ?
I like Cam's suggestion of a river - always nice.

Can anyone suggest a specific spot other than in town ?
... and a time ? 9:00am too early / too late ?
(Meet then head to a spot which is free).

Have a think what to bring for show and tell, or to do. I think Greatbloke may have an idea or two, but can just wing-it as we go - depends what we find.
I'm envisioning a small fire to cook on (conditions permitting) ...

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
Noogee Trestle bridge might be the best place to meet, it's harder to miss each other and there's parking there as well as bushland that may be suitable for our needs, if we walk away from the car park.

9am is ok with me.

Link to map:
https://goo.gl/maps/nYfnMv111AH2

If it's wet, there are some nice short walks in the area that we could do instead of bushcraft, or not far away is Tooronga falls walk.. a very nice little walk of about an hours duration. http://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/Gippsland/Things-to-do/Outdoor-activities/Walking-and-hiking/VV-Toorongo-Falls-via-Amphitheatre-Falls-Loop-Track.aspx

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Noogee Trestle bridge might be the best place to meet, it's harder to miss each other and there's parking there as well as bushland that may be suitable for our needs, if we walk away from the car park.

9am is ok with me.

Link to map:
https://goo.gl/maps/nYfnMv111AH2

If it's wet, there are some nice short walks in the area that we could do instead of bushcraft, or not far away is Tooronga falls walk.. a very nice little walk of about an hours duration. http://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/Gippsland/Things-to-do/Outdoor-activities/Walking-and-hiking/VV-Toorongo-Falls-via-Amphitheatre-Falls-Loop-Track.aspx

That's OK by me ..... only I'm now thinking that 9 is a bit too early esp if I want to encourage others to come along too.

A 10:30 meet would allow a "civilized" departure from home. Would that be suitable ?

JM9422

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I've been off the radar for a while but would love to attend this meet if its ok?

Happy to meet at 9 for a 10:30 start as well. :)

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been off the radar for a while but would love to attend this meet if its ok?

Happy to meet at 9 for a 10:30 start as well. :)
Excellent.

Looks like we have "confirmations" from:
Aussie123
Greatbloke
JM9422

Unconfirmed:
Cameronpatrol
sam_robert165

sam_robert165

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Yeah I'm all good to meet there
This coming Sunday 19th march at 10:30 yeah?
Haven't been to Noojee before so would be good to get around and have a look and a spot of lunch
Hoping my new Mora Eldris will be here either tonight or tomorrow and I can give it a work out

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm all good to meet there
This coming Sunday 19th march at 10:30 yeah?
Haven't been to Noojee before so would be good to get around and have a look and a spot of lunch
Hoping my new Mora Eldris will be here either tonight or tomorrow and I can give it a work out
Great !
I hope you get the Eldris too ... I'd love to have a look!

Anything you'd like to see ?
I was thinking about my flint and steel and various other odds and sods ..... ??

Sunday 19 March at 10:30 at the Noogee Trestle bridge (just outside town).

Confirmations from:
Aussie123
Greatbloke
JM9422
sam_robert165

Unconfirmed:
Cameronpatrol

Anyone else is welcome too, just let us know so we know who to look out for.
I'll try and remember to bring a BCOZ poster so you can spot me ! (A logo printout I'll put on the car, or somewhere)

sam_robert165

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Yeah flint and steel would be cool, I'll more than likely bring my solo stove to cook on if you guys want to check that out as well. It's nothing special but always good to share new gear and give others a look

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

JM9422

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
It's was great meeting Aussie123, Greatbloke and sam_robert165. Couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise.

My only regret for the meet was leaving my camera in the bag.

Highlights for me were:
Greatblokes' parabolic mirror fire starter and how easily it caught the sun.
Aussie123s' flint and steel in comparison to my home made jobs.
Sam_robert165s' seemingly endless knife collection :) it was like window shopping all the extra tools I 'need'

The evolution of the cordage grass processor (patent pending Aussie123) epitomised the value of these meets.

Thanks again fellas, I look forward to the next one.

Jezz

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I sure had fun too.

Its great to meet up with a few people with similar interests and the show and tell is always very interesting.
Everyone has different things, skills and interests and home made gear is always especially fascinating.

Thanks everyone

20170319_104715 (Small).jpg

Oh yes, and just for reference here's the page from the book: Pomaderris aspera (Hazel pomaderris)
20170319_163206 (Small).jpg