Vic Bushcraft Meet Details – 2 and 3 March 2013

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Great report Aussie. I've had the slipping problem on some softer pieces of xanth too. They seem to compress under the cord.
By carving the drill to have a square profile you can increase the chances of the cord locking in. Alternatively you can plait the cord to increase the chance of it biting in.
Excellent work by both of you!

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos, looks like you guys have a nice day.

Mortar and pestle!! Strewth mate.. what else you got there? kitchen sink and walk in refrigerator?
Re. making fire, here is what I can say
/**/
while(!(succeed = try()));

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Great report Aussie. I've had the slipping problem on some softer pieces of xanth too. They seem to compress under the cord.
By carving the drill to have a square profile you can increase the chances of the cord locking in. Alternatively you can plait the cord to increase the chance of it biting in.
Excellent work by both of you!
I'll give that a go - thanks.

.....Mortar and pestle!! Strewth mate.. what else you got there? kitchen sink and walk in refrigerator?
It does seem a bit strange - but I knew we'd want it for the seeds. :;):

An aboriginal style grind stone would probably have been better, but I don’t have a large one. I know of a creek with some lovely big slabs, which I’ll pickup when I visit again (which could be some time). The long grinding strokes I think would do a better job of turning the seeds to “flour”.

(FYI - The grind stones I’m referring to are “virgin” rock slabs, not artefacts)

bugman

Les Stroud
Reaction score
yeah, i have quite an enjoyable time as well.
it was great sharing some knowledge with like minded people. i think we should try the damper again with a much larger quantity of seed, it was quite tasty!

bring on BCOZ Vic meet 2.0! with hopefully many more awesome people!