BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Van roof mods and leaks!

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
In my youth I spent much time living in on-site vans in remote places. This woman, survival Lilly, isn't an expert at anything. However I often find that these sort of content creators are better for showing what really happens. Her experience with the roof mod is pretty common place for anyone who has done such a thing. I've even known people to sell a van (caravan) without ever solving the roof leak problem. I have been contemplating putting some vents on the van we have, for those hot days and for the odd occasion that we might sleep in it. She (survival Lilly) thinks she has fixed the problem, I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks again when the conditions are right (direction of rain, force etc).

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
In my youth I spent much time living in on-site vans in remote places. This woman, survival Lilly, isn't an expert at anything. However I often find that these sort of content creators are better for showing what really happens. Her experience with the roof mod is pretty common place for anyone who has done such a thing. I've even known people to sell a van (caravan) without ever solving the roof leak problem. I have been contemplating putting some vents on the van we have, for those hot days and for the odd occasion that we might sleep in it. She (survival Lilly) thinks she has fixed the problem, I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks again when the conditions are right (direction of rain, force etc).

yeah i watch Lilly as well, did see her latest vid a few days ago with the roof vent in her bug out van leaking, she did max out on the sealant 2nd go around, she may be OK for a while but was thinking the same . . . . with time and movement its probably going to leak again. DIY skylights and roof vents can be problematic.