BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TwoSun TS246 - S90V Slip Joint

old4570

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
TwoSun.jpg
IMGP3498.JPG
IMGP3500.JPG
IMGP3502.JPG
IMGP3503.JPG
IMGP3505.JPG
IMGP3507.JPG
IMGP3509.JPG
IMGP3510.JPG
IMGP3511.JPG

TwoSun TS246
S90V blade steel
Slip Joint Design pocket knife (?)

(?) Because this little knife is built like a tank . This knife has been over engineered ! The liners are much thicker than they need be for a pocket knife , the blade is much thicker than it needs to be for a pocket knife . It's simply a little brute of a design . Just what was Two Sun thinking when they built this little pocket crowbar ? And that weight slaps you in the pocket when you walk constantly reminding you of it's existence . I personally think that this knife is carrying 50% more metal than it needs to , for a pocket knife . What could people be doing with pocket knives ? , that would require this much over engineering ? I could understand when a larger folding knife is over engineered to perhaps compete with fixed blade knives . But this is a small knife , a supposedly pocket knife . As is , I think this knife needs a belt pouch to be carried comfortably . Unless of course people like it when a knife constantly slaps up against their leg as they walk about , in which case the TS246 performs exceptionally well at that task .

The blade is a two position slip joint . Closed , 90 degrees and fully open . There is no slop , good tension , over all a very solid build . Excellent fit and finish over all . Build quality , nothing to complain about . As of right now , I have not used the knife at all . I have sliced paper , and it is sharp from the factory . Video soon I hope .
It has been super Humid the last few days , to the point my lungs feel it and yesterday was Cambodia Humid ! Going outside was like stepping into a steam bath .
So ? Hopefully video soon !

old4570

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score

Lets get right to it , 400 Fail with the factory edge .

The knife caused me no suffering what so ever slicing rope ( unlike some other painful knives ) .
It was a rather comfortable knife to use .
The factory edge performed rather well , is it the best factory edge to date ?

No blade removal .. Going to be a PITA pulling it apart and a even bigger PITA putting it back together .
So for now , re sharpened on the guided knife sharpener .

( Ooooh ! On a side note , I ordered a new guided knife sharpener )

I am very happy with the TS246 .. For $61 Oz bananas I got me a real knife , with some edge holding .
Will it go back to the rope with the guided ( re sharpened ) edge ? Im already impressed , so I don't know that I need to be impressed more .