two Svord pig stickers

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I have two examples of the Svord pig sticker now, the 6 3/4" with the polypropylene handle and the 6 1/2" with the varnished Sapele Mahogany handle & Brass fittings. Both feature the 2.2mm spine 15n20 blades with a single edge.

My 6 3/4" actually measures 2.4mm on the spine near the handle, and the 6.5" measures 2.2mm right at the bolster.

Both are very different beasts, though both are used for exactly the same thing. Both feel differently in hand. The 6 3/4" has a lot bigger handle, and I miss that on the 6.5", thought the 6.5" still fits my hand. Blades are different, slightly in length, shape and profile.

Fit and finish on the 6 3/4" is a bit rough, 6.5 it is a lot better, but the price point is also a lot higher on the 6.5".

I now have a choice to make, there are two more Svord pig stickers, the general purpose (wooden handle version of the 6 3/4" I already have, so not sure I need to get this one, but may get it just to complete the collection and it is almost as expensive as the 6.5" so not sure it is worth the extra money) and then there is the allegedly ultra premium version Master Cutler Range Pig Sticker available from what I can see Cutting Edge Knives for $617, so really not thinking it is worth the money as that is as much money as my up and coming custom 50th 3V camp knife, and I just don't think Svord knives are $600 knives.

Kindliing

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Nice waveman,
I like the look of their (svord) trapper too.
I went with the 6.5 inch glock 78 field knife.
Central Queensland scopes still has these on their website in case anyone is interested https://cqscopes.com.au/pig sticker,glock,knife,blade , think that's who I bought mine on eBay off.
They're getting hard to find . IMG_20191211_191606.jpg

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I think that's an old model. It is not listed on the Svord site from what I can see, it has the same guard as the deluxe bowie and hunter, just with the pig sticker blade, and of coarse the micarta handle (which is how they use to do it)