two Cold Steel Viking Axes, the Hand Axe and Battle Axe

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I now have two of the Cold Steel Viking Axes, the Hand Axe and the Battle Axe, I really like both of the them, both are handled with the 30" handle, not real happy with the way they are handled from the factory as they both have developed wobble after a while. Going to have to redo both of them, have a youtube vid.

The Hand Axe has a nylon sheath from the factory which is as it should be, cost AUD$8.99.

Bloody battle axe kydex sheath cost more than the axe did, though it does look glorious.

I am not going to paracord wrap the battle axes handle as I want to be able to be able to remove the head. Now I just have to sharpen them both up and then take them out and destroy some stuff.

they do look good side by side

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
They look as though they are cast, I hope they perform well. They do look good. Can you tell me where you purchased these from Dean?
Regards, Keith.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I think they were cast Keith. Both bought from Cleavers here in Brisbane. They are made in Taiwan. I have no doubt they are well hardened and properly tempered. Though I suspect they will be run at a reasonably low HRC (probably around 56-58)

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
just got the kydex sheath/cover for the battle axe today, bloody expensive (cost more than axe did) but fits perfectly, and I have to say the bloke who made it did a magnificent job.