Tracks, scats and other traces a field guide to Australian mammals

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Arrived today, looking forward to reading it. It's full of $&@/...😀image.jpg

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Uneekwahn gave us a great book called "what scat is that?" Got all sorts in there including coprolites (dinosaur scat). You need to know your ****.

Cam

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I have this book. It is excellent, and well built for carrying about with you in the field too.

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
I have the original 1996 printing. I think that's where I learnt to find koalas by looking at the bottom of trees for their poo. ....But what I really want to know is how wombats poo cubes. :)

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Other good Aussie books are "Tracks and Traces of Australian Animals" by Rob Morrison out of print I think but may be available 2nd hand.
"Australian Animal behaviour" and a "Pack Manual of Tracks, Signs and Nests" both by Harry Frauca and also out of print.
There is also a relatively new FB group "Tracking Australia"

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Other good Aussie books are "Tracks and Traces of Australian Animals" by Rob Morrison out of print I think but may be available 2nd hand.
"Australian Animal behaviour" and a "Pack Manual of Tracks, Signs and Nests" both by Harry Frauca and also out of print.
There is also a relatively new FB group "Tracking Australia"

Thanks very much Hairyman, I've tracked down a copy of the Morrison book locally.

sokorny

Russell Coight
Reaction score
At university we were recommended to use this book (well an earlier edition as I finished my studies in 2003) for our field surveys of mammals. Very good resource and thorough.