BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tracking A Fox

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm currently tracking a fox for a neighbour who lost some chickens. I will keep the hunting related chat to the Hunting forum but I thought It would be worthwhile to share some tracking photos as I go.

6924E5BD-39FD-416C-B290-21C06246B9DA.jpeg
Bruised greenery indicating a recent trample, could be Fox, could be Roo, hard to tell here with long grass, couldn't find any track near here. Was some damp fine mud on the lower portion of wire, was early in the morning with some dew so i wont read to much on this but it looked recently used.

9D1E2337-620E-45B3-AA38-47D1E841A021.jpeg
Found this hole in the fence in the corner of a paddock which is clearly being used as a thoroughfare.

73F466A9-82A9-4F2B-9420-A56DA42D986E.jpeg
Signs of a rabbit taken by a fox here

992C479E-004A-4D5C-BA11-116C82E91D40.jpeg
Location where the fox had pushed under the fence to access the neighbours property. Fortunately the grass was damp this morning and I was able to track a line approx 600m to this location through a paddock from the previous location to find this.

Last edited:

Markie D

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Good eye Blake, They can buggers to track, sly little things.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried setting a hide and using a fox whistle, this is how my brother calls them up

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried setting a hide and using a fox whistle, this is how my brother calls them up

Yep Ive got a button whistle but just invested in a new one that gets the noise out to distance a bit better as the button can get a bit lost especially in wind.
More details about this in the hunting forum for those that are interested but I’ll keep it just tracks for this forum.

Last edited: