Toaks Titanium 750ml Pot with Bail Handle

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
First try out of my new cup / billy. This isn't a review, just a little report on the first bush use.

This "pot" has both a folding handle and a bail (which allows it to be hung over a fire). Flexible options I hope !
I'm looking forward using it a bit more in the coming months.

The pot comes in a padded (orange) cover which would probably serve as a pot cozy, but I didn't test that.
20170527_092244 (Small).jpg

The diameter allows a standard 1.25l bottle, or 100g gas can to nestle in easily:
20170527_092159 (Small).jpg

I used a metho stove to boil the water. One criticism I had read, and I agree with, is that the lid does not sit very snugly,
it can easily be dislodged, but when its in place it is a good fit:
20170527_083051 (Small).jpg

Easy to hold, even when full
20170527_085152 (Small).jpg

To extinguish the flames, I just poured in water dilute the metho to the point where it no longer burns. Then it is safe to tip out:
20170527_085002 (Small).jpg

The other little job I did while waiting for the pot to boil was to sharpen a couple of knives
Here's a mini feather stick.
20170527_084336 (Small).jpg

Foxtrot65

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Very nice, Id be in the market for something like this, be nice to have a lid and a more sizeable vessel for cooking lunch in, rather than just hot drinks! I tend to boil in a small zebra billy and tip into my stainless steel army cup, which is double handling of sorts!

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
i bought one of these for the wife, still havent used it. i may give it a run.
thanks for sharing your insights mate!

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice, Id be in the market for something like this, be nice to have a lid and a more sizeable vessel for cooking lunch in, rather than just hot drinks! I tend to boil in a small zebra billy and tip into my stainless steel army cup, which is double handling of sorts!
Hi, I think they make larger version too if you check
(No Affil)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TOMSHOO-750ml-Titanium-Pot-Titanium-Water-Mug-Cup-with-Lid-and-Foldable-Handle-Outdoor-Camping-Pot/2131065_32836019902.html

Here's the Tomshoo branded version. $20 usd delivered.

Toaks is nice but Wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same factory...
Sure looks like it !

bluebush2

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I just bought one. Same specs as Toaks but cheaper. 750 ml will do instant noodles and a cup of coffee nicely.

Shazam

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I just bought one. Same specs as Toaks but cheaper. 750 ml will do instant noodles and a cup of coffee nicely.
I also bought a Tomshoo. I think only the lidlifter is different. Im very pleased with mine. Also Aliexpress delivered very very fast. Much faster than most stuff that comes from China ...and this was during the pre xmas rush.

Requiem

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I’ve been reluctant to use aliexpress since they don’t accept PayPal. Good to know some have had good experiences here with this particular cup. But doesn’t it make a difference from which “supplier” you buy from on that site? I found it for the same price (tomshoo) from over a dozen vendors. The different sizes definitely peak my interest.

And thank you for the awesome pics and insights. Very helpful.

Last edited:

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I also bought a Tomshoo. I think only the lidlifter is different. Im very pleased with mine. Also Aliexpress delivered very very fast. Much faster than most stuff that comes from China ...and this was during the pre xmas rush.
How well does your lid fit Shazam? I got one of these and it arrived last night, impressed for the price but the lid almost seems like its for another pot. It fits but doesn't centre, the inner lip doesn't interface with inside of the cup and allows some side to side movement.

Again its no real biggie and still works...plus for the price you can't really complain!

bluebush2

Russell Coight
Reaction score
How well does your lid fit Shazam? I got one of these and it arrived last night, impressed for the price but the lid almost seems like its for another pot. It fits but doesn't centre, the inner lip doesn't interface with inside of the cup and allows some side to side movement.

Again its no real biggie and still works...plus for the price you can't really complain!
I also have the Tomshoo 750ml. My lid sits OK with the lid lip inside the pot, but it has a slight amount of movement. Certainly not a tight fit.
Here's my set-up. The silicon egg ring is a nice fit on the lip of the pot, so you can drink hot bevvies. I drilled two small holes near the lip of the pot to take a sprung stainless steel bail I made from an old solar lamp hanger. It all nests nicely in a Phantom Industries molle pouch that I can carry over the shoulder, on my belt, or attached to a packTomshoo and Kleen Kanteen.jpg.

Last edited:

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I also have the Tomshoo 750ml. My lid sits OK with the lid lip inside the pot, but it has a slight amount of movement. Certainly not a tight fit.
Here's my set-up. The silicon egg ring is a nice fit on the lip of the pot, so you can drink hot bevvies. I drilled two small holes near the lip of the pot to take a sprung stainless steel bail I made from an old solar lamp hanger. It all nests nicely in a Phantom Industries molle pouch that I can carry over the shoulder, on my belt, or attached to a packView attachment 25161.
cheers mate, sounds like its how they are made...lid seemed loose compared to my Keith pots. Cant complain for the price, will be getting a couple more for the kids day packs