Three Days and Three Nights in the wild dogs.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
With all the recent turmoil around covid it came as a pleasant surprise when Wentworth invited me and my boy on an overnight trip to see first hand some of the recent fire devastation in one of our favorite places, the wild dog mountains.
I picked wentworth up from the station on Thursday evening, masked up and covered in hand cleaner as a barrier against the plague from the open mouthed coughing cesspool that is public transport., and we headed up to Green Gully in the Megalong valley arriving around 7:30 pm. We had it in our minds to get a few km under our belts in the evening and as it worked out, around 11pm we arrived at Mobb's Soak at the base of the wild dogs. It was a pretty nice walk in all things considered and gave us a considerable head start. 14.jpg

7.jpg
6.jpg

The next morning we climbed the saddle at Warrigal gap. We did plan to check out playground of the dingoes but after my son spewed up his breakfast we decided to make our way over to mount Dingo. which is what we did, checking out the awesome views along the way. My son does look like he just spewed up his breakfast and wants to go back to bed in the picture but to his entire credit he kept going.

10.jpg

Next we visited the bushwalkers war memorial at Splendor Rock. and then dropped down to the coxes for night 2 camp.
3.jpg4.jpg
Day 2 was a nice stroll up the coxes river to breakfast creek to our night 3 camp.

5.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
11.jpg

Day three was a short 4km walk up breakfast creek to carlons and back to the car in a pleasant consistent rain that makes walking a joy.

9.jpg

Thanks Wentworth for organizing and motivating us back into the bush for the first time in too long.

Attachments

Chigger

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Many, many years ago did some walks all around that area, Mt Dingo, Warrigal Gap, Splendour Rock and others. Lovely photos which brought back memories of a very old bushwalking haunt.

Think I still have slides of those walks somewhere.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice one guys. Wentworth, tell me you didn't take them up Carlon's chains. You already took a year off my life when we climbed up there :p

Chigger

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Remember the chains well although many years ago and that was the old set of chains which I believe have been long replaced. Many a trembling knees for sure.

One of the classic bushwalking adventures of the Blue Mountains.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha Blake, having been up carlon head with you, I don't think I did such a great job spruiking it to Corin!