This ones for Blake...

BrentonLume

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Heyas man i said i would upload an image of my car on our last central Australia Trip here it is it took me close to 2 hours ta get all that mud off ;) you cant see it but the roof of the car looked exactly the same as the rest of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

BrentonLume

Russell Coight
Reaction score
ROFL at the 4th Pic, that's a situation that i hope i never find myself in cars are just never the same after that sorta deal :p i hope to have mine for many many years to come so i'm kinda dubious about deep water crossings.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Hmmm... it's been a couple of years since I've seen a Mog parked like that... School of Arty guys got one up to the tray fully loaded and a 105 in tow out the back of Pucka, that was a sight to behold!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
haha thanks for posting brent. Looks quite good in orange. :)

That 4th pic bullet, wtf was he trying to do?

ozbladefan

Les Stroud
Reaction score
haha thanks for posting brent. Looks quite good in orange. :)

That 4th pic bullet, wtf was he trying to do?
Well it looks like he launched the boat alright. You can just the conversation , just look at all the fish!

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
On that 4th pic on feebulets post -

Rule of thumb !

Just becuase a 4 x 4 has a snorkel, doesnt mean its amphibious .;)

Last edited:

feebullet

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Yeah the mog ended up giving pains to the reccie mechs so they got a sea king (before they all fell out of the sky) to fly up and lift it from the mud. You could hear the suction on it as it was lifted! The worst part of all this is, I have WORSE photos here ha ha ha This is from a trip to a certain pine forest near a certain army base near Towoomba.... that may or MAY NOT have alot of red deer in it...... as you can tell it was an expedition we all will remember for a long time! and I WAS driving the y61 GU II patrol, so I have a FAIL photo here too. Best part was everyone else ended up stuck atleast once themselves! Apologies for the side track guys!

Attachments

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that kind of mud is just a loosing battle, Sometimes theres not a lot you can do and that's what makes it fun.

Any lockers on that one bullet?

feebullet

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
yeah lockers were fitted by then, then the tray shortened for a better exit angle, not to much you can't do if you take your time. Lockers alone aren't the be all and end all but they make a significant upgrade to any vehicle! come get your beast dirty up here! we play hard but thats what brings the rewards!