The Shot Pouch.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
[video=youtube;nmZv5_DsL2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZv5_DsL2E[/video]

Shot Pouch #2 Reduced.JPGshot pouch & contents #2 Reduced.jpg
My leather shot pouch with finger woven wool strap. I wove the strap in two sections & then stitched them together as some original were done.
Shot Pouch 002 REDUCED.jpg
Tools carried on the strap: Vent quill, powder measure, bullet board, pricker, pan brush.

shot pouch & contents Kaelem1 REDUCED.jpgshot pouch Kaelem 3 REDUCED.jpg
My youngest son's leather shot pouch with a loom woven wool strap.
Keith.

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Nicely made pouches with great attention to detail. The things a muzzleloadeer had to carry with him on a long trek or a hunting outing.

How huntsmen kept their rifles/guns going in the pouring rain for days on end must have been a continual struggle against the elements.

Last edited:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Jeez, you have been so busy lately, Keith. Keep it up.
I haven't forgotten about the cloak writeup. Will give it a burl this weekend.
Also did a vinyl mockup of a possibles pouch I want to make from leather. It's not going to be traditional but I want it to carry a good part of my 5Cs kit. It holds my shelter (an old silnylon cover from a previous Hennessy Hammock) , an Opinel #5 (I think) with a ferro rod on a leather strap, a shank of Bunnings knock-off paracord of indeterminate length and my Sawyer Squeeze filter with one of their bottles.
Will hopefully be "upgrading" to a Sawyer Mini in the near future. Going to become a part of my "neo-medieval" kit.....lol.
Sorry for the steal, Keith.
Cheers
Bloffy

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Jeez, you have been so busy lately, Keith. Keep it up.
I haven't forgotten about the cloak writeup. Will give it a burl this weekend.
Also did a vinyl mockup of a possibles pouch I want to make from leather. It's not going to be traditional but I want it to carry a good part of my 5Cs kit. It holds my shelter (an old silnylon cover from a previous Hennessy Hammock) , an Opinel #5 (I think) with a ferro rod on a leather strap, a shank of Bunnings knock-off paracord of indeterminate length and my Sawyer Squeeze filter with one of their bottles.
Will hopefully be "upgrading" to a Sawyer Mini in the near future. Going to become a part of my "neo-medieval" kit.....lol.
Sorry for the steal, Keith.
Cheers
Bloffy
I think that you probably have something smaller in mind Bloffy than a true possibles bag, these bags were Plains Indian made for carrying on their travois behind a horse:) There are plenty of medieval period bags, pouches & back packs to choose from though Bloffy.
Regards, Keith.
Cheyann possibles bag.jpg
Cheyenne Possibles Bag.