The Pathfinder System (Home Study)

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
For those who enjoy watching "Dual Survival" on the Discovery Channel..

Here is the E-Course put together by Dave Canterbury of the Pathfinder School LLC:

http://stores.thepathfinderschoolllc.com/-strse-47/Pathfinder-Certification-Course-Phase/Detail.bok

At present there are quite a few Pathfinder Students Here in Australia studying Phase One of his program.

This course is well put together and an excellent start to a solid foundation in the basics of wilderness living (Not survival).

And to top it all off it is also the cheapest course of its kind at present.

Once again it is a universal course aimed at students anywhere on the planet to be able to complete.

Last edited:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
templar
Sorry all the links from that page don't seem to be available any longer.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Templar thanks for this info, I for one will be going thru this coarse in the near future.

feebullet

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I wanted to order his Book and 2 complimentary cd's a while ago, think it went for $50 and the shipping was $40, the shipping is what put me off it. Would a group buy of the material resources bring down the price on shipping or is there a cheaper way to ship??? sooooooooooo interested in doing it but it can't be crazy dear

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Shane is looking to run Pathfinder Australia when he gets back to Brisbane, so there may be a cheaper option at that time... maybe...

Gundy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Have also purchased the course!

Last edited:

Gundy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks Karl - still learning/exploring the new site....all joined.

Shane

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Yeah shipping things from the states is ridiculous (been down that road a few times.). I'll be finishing phase 2 as soon as time and materials permit and intend to speak to Dave in depth about his plans. I don't see a flight to Ohio (or South Africa) in the cards but Dave said we'd sort it out once I was ready to head home. That should be as soon as I can afford air fare and wrap up a few odds and ends.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Update:

For those who wish to participate in the Pathfinder Course:

Phase One will cost you $70 USD + $20 USD Postage to the East Coast (Brisbane) for a total of $90 USD or $82 AUD (as of 26 July 2011).

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Karl
Ordered the day you placed info on group looking forward too recieving it.
We could have group talks about the course as we get going in it.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Yes that was my plan when I set up the group... I hope to do a mini-review on it when I get my hands on it, but if others get it first please feel free to post up, different people will give different perspectives on the materials in the course.