well testing the Daldinia has been frustrating to say the least.
I have tried several times with flint and steel and have failed to get it to catch a spark. I have got a spark to land occasionally but it has failed to coalesce into an ember so I cannot transfer it into the birds nest.
I have been in contact with Aussie123 and we are working on the problem.
It will take a spark from a ferro rod no problem.
I also feel I could easily get it to ember with any of my 6x magnifying lenses. I will test it with the magnifying lens and report back, but that is only good during the day and in sunlight.
Yeah I was getting good sparks falling right where they need to be and they wouldn't take.
As I said to you at one stage, I actually broke one nodule in half and laid it on the stone right at the edge and used it as I would normally would char cloth and struck sparks right into the concentric inner core of the nodule, and was getting good sparks for a good while and it wouldn't take.
I can't get it to take a spark from flint and steel. Others might but I can't.
If anyone can do it I love to see them do it on video and have them explain where I went wrong.