Feature Request Templates for data bases

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT John

Les Stroud
Reaction score
To simplify the addition of items to the data bases, would it be possible to create a template containing the relevant fields? This would encourage members to add to the data bases by making it quicker & easier.

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
I normally cut and paste from a previous post in the same thread (since the format actually is different for plants). Then select and overtype the existing text, fairly quick, and I suppoe I am used to it now, but if we did have a template then...
Is it possible to use the clipboard to auto insert the template from a button? Like the "reply with quote" button does, but load the clipboard with the template data instead of the quote data, and create new thread instead of reply? Not sure what the forum engine is like under the hood though.

Last edited:

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good point raised by all here. I think I can do more here to make it simpler though. As Templar said we do have it in the instructions but you have to go through and re-bold the text for the headings and delete the example text.

What I might do is first up put up a template which includes the BB code in a quote box. This way you just copy and paste everything and it will ensure the formatting is all sweet.

I really like Dustys idea about a button which adds the template automatically. I'll look into that one when I get home. I'm out on the property in mudgee at the moment so I'll take a look when I get back to the big smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.