Tasmania meetup interest?

TasMonk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I know there's a few of us in Tasmania here on the forum. I'm thinking that it might be nice to have a bushcraft gathering once the season warms up a bit so that we could meet each other in person and maybe start sharing skills and the like. If you are in Tassie and would be interested, let's get the discussion started! :D

SimonM

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Any thoughts on location? I don't mind travelling so open to any suggestions as long as there are trees.

TasMonk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I was thinking it might be better to see if there is sufficient interest and where most people are located before looking at specifics like location or date. I am in the south but if most of those participating are in the north then I wouldn't mind traveling up. I think there are lots of great potential locations all over the state and I'm with you on the requirement that there be lots of trees. :)

SimonM

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Sounds good. Let's hope we get some interest.

If people are interested I could bring a few hammocks and different insulation, and suspension methods for people to try out. I have a bit of a hammock obsession :).

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Sounds good. Let's hope we get some interest.

If people are interested I could bring a few hammocks and different insulation, and suspension methods for people to try out. I have a bit of a hammock obsession :).
Hammock camping is something I never contemplated , I'd like to learn more.
Count me in for a meet.

SimonM

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
No worries Tas. The good thing is they are easy to make yourself as well. I will bring along some bought and DIY hammocks.