Sydney/ Blue Mountains Meet

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Most people would have had at least 1~1.5 hour drive two people came from the hunter area. One drove covering nearly 300 km each way, the other used public transport to cover the 250 km and some by bus and rail.

I myself had a 15 min drive, but it was awesome and would gladly drive 300 km if necessary for the next one.

The location we used was perfect being both scenic and bushcraft friendly with the advantage that we could book the whole site to ourselves. Many many acres of bushcrafty goodness!

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
So now to organise the next NSW meet! XP i've been buying so much good gear of late to prepare n get rid of the old now looking for a well priced hammock.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
About 1 hour plus a little extra time for getting lost :^o):

As Corin said, I would drive much further, I had a great time. For a first meet, i agree it was a perfect location, good bushland to explore and play, can drive cars in, bushland for camping, ability to have a fire and a shelter from the rain.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So now to organise the next NSW meet! XP i've been buying so much good gear of late to prepare n get rid of the old now looking for a well priced hammock.
Gday Tony,

Was great to meet you mate and get some archery tips! I need it. :emozionato: Really enjoyed the animal tracking lessons also!

Cant say Ive done tons of research on hammocks and I'm only new to them but I use a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1. I got mine for Christmas so only used it a few times so far but its been great. From the looks of things from the meet there are alot of hammock campers amongst us so im sure you will get some good info. Feel free to post up a thread in the Sleep and Shelter forum.