Sydney/ Blue Mountains Meet

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, so sorry for the late response to what's been happening. Wentworth and I won't be eating roast - sorry for such a late reply to that! We'll bring tim tams to share around for dessert if everyone is happy with that? Looking forward to meeting you all :)

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest we just make it easy and bring our own vegies etc if they want them? That way people can just bring what they like to eat, makes it easy. Thoughts?
Good idea.. I think if people bring their own "side dishes" it makes sense.. we all have particular tastes ;-)

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
hey guys, i've got a price on the meat two 4.5kg boned and rolled legs of lamb for total $75.00. For 12 people it works out at $6.25 each or for 10 people $7.50 each....I need to know ASAPso i can order and pay for them. And if you would like I can bring a bag of potatoes and I will cook if there are no other volunteers, but im not a great camp oven cook.
I am happy to help cook, I won't be eating any meat though. Always happy to cook! :)

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
Brent and I can give you guys a hand with the camp oven roasting, we have done a couple and im sure bushchef will be able to throw in some orders. Would be cool to do a earth oven. Ive done one before on the hot rocks which turned out well.
I am sorry to to hear you can't come Oz - maybe next time!! Yep I'm definitely happy to help cook... we've used hot rocks for cooking on a couple of occasions, good fun, happy to help.

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I cant trust myself to cook, but I'll definitely help the preparations.

I'll come in Friday maybe around 6 or so.

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
So far so good guys i'd love to help prep with earth ovens n such. i was intending to Bring a Surprise of a Fresh Large Perch and Yabbies, but i've not the time to see my friend that owns a fish farm :(.
As for Archery I'll be bringing the Longbow, arrows and Targets, Was anyone else interested in doing some shooting? As i could bring extra gear? P.S I'm still building my Bushcraft/outdoors Gear and wonder if anyone has gear they want to trade? I have some packs and stuff that don't suit my needs i,e a still good Cadet Hoochie and a Bumbag/shoulder bag that hardly gets used so i'll bring that gear along.
I'm Keen to get a good rucksack if the canvas one i'm making doesn't turn out.
Cheers Tony

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
paperbark will work. We will have the camp ovens if we need them. Otherwise im sure we can rustle up something from the bush. I wont get there till saturday morning as ive got groomsman responsibilities on friday night.

Tony. Ill bring my longbow and arrows along too for a shoot. Haven't shot for a long time so i need the practice... and i might bug you for some tips! Whether I can draw it by Saturday is a totally new question. Been weight training all week and cant even lift my hands over my head at the moment :_risata: If anyone wants to have a play they are welcome to it.

Looking forward to it everyone!

Last edited:

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Lol thats great mate, as for tips yea sure no probs. I'll be arriving Friday arvo 5-7pm See ya's soon guys!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Archery sounds great.

Ground oven is good. I will open up the site at 5pm , but may have to take off back home for a few hours to grab some things because I have not been home all week!

I think Saxons Idea of a trading blanket is a fantastic one, if anyone has anything they would like to trade.

Sounds like we have a good weekend coming guys!

See you all in a few hours

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Ladys and gents
Have fun , be safe and look forward to the stories when you return

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Perfect.. I'll bring a good book.

I look forward to laying in the hammock and laze around :linguino:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Just a quick question how far did you guys travel for this meet? interested in trying to organize a Qld meet