Sydney/ Blue Mountains Meet

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 camp ovens if you need more. and i have gas primus 2 burner stove ill see if i can get a roast from my father in law who is a butcher might get a good price if you like? let me know if you would like me to do that?:sorrriso:
We need to know as soon as possible who wants the roast Saturday night.

We have confirmed at this stage A D before your name indicates that you have expressed an interest in a communal roast dinner Saturday night
Bushchef
Wentworth
D Corin
D Saxonpathfinder
D Blake
D Brenton
D Bloozz
D Gelandangan
D Oz's Knives
D Bjornj
D Tim
D Ozzhaggishead

Blake and brenton you guys did not exactgly specify but you kinda did... so I counted you in. 12 People 10 Confirmed for dinner, thats enough for us to get a price on some meat Oz's Knives If you don't mind, I will PM the rest...

Last edited:

BjornJ

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Tim and I are hoping there will be a communal roast, sounds great.
Just let us know what to pay whom, happy to help peal stuff or whatnot :)

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
The communal roast sounds great to me. Let me know if there's anything in particular that I can bring to contribue to the meal.

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I'll bring a large watermelon.
would you guys prefer it pre sliced or should we slice it in the camp?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep im in for roast Corin.

Here is what i can bring also.

Camp ovens (normal or gas or both, but sounds like we are pretty covered although ill bring them anyway)
Chainsaw
BBQ hot plate/grill
Esky and Ice
Small camp table
Axe, large and small

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I suggest we just make it easy and bring our own vegies etc if they want them? That way people can just bring what they like to eat, makes it easy. Thoughts?

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
If everyone puts in $10 or $15 for the meat thats heaps.We could do a earth oven with some lamb,chicken,roo maybe..?There is going to be about 10 of us so some folk can do the fire,some can gather firewood,some can make some damper..ect.Could be a real bushcrafty feast..!!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the sound of that oz! Are you volunteering to cook? I wll bring home a some pallets on Friday so we have a good start as far as wood is concerned.

oz's knives

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
hey guys, i've got a price on the meat two 4.5kg boned and rolled legs of lamb for total $75.00. For 12 people it works out at $6.25 each or for 10 people $7.50 each....I need to know ASAPso i can order and pay for them. And if you would like I can bring a bag of potatoes and I will cook if there are no other volunteers, but im not a great camp oven cook.

cant wait to get this started

BjornJ

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Awesome stuff, that sounds great on the lamb steaks. 10 people means 750 gr pre-cocked lamb on each, nam nam :)

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the sound of that oz! Are you volunteering to cook? I wll bring home a some pallets on Friday so we have a good start as far as wood is concerned.
More than willing to help out..

oz's knives

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for the late notice but I have hurt my back this morning at work really bad I can hardly walk. Unfortunately wont be able to make it. Sorry about not being able to bring the roasts up either. Troy Oz's Knives.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi mate very sorry to hear that. I hope it is not too serious. I hope you have not paid for the roasts already and you are not out of pocket. I will source some locally on Saturday. Should not be a drama. Your back is the most important thing, make sure you don't make it worse. See you on the next one!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
damn sorry to hear that mate.

Thanks for that Corin. Im happy to chip in where we need to to help pay.

Chainsaw and esky is good to go.

Brent and I can give you guys a hand with the camp oven roasting, we have done a couple and im sure bushchef will be able to throw in some orders. Would be cool to do a earth oven. Ive done one before on the hot rocks which turned out well.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 on the earth oven! I will still bring the camp ovens as back up, but earth oven is a great idea

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
What did they use before banana leaves?
Can we improvise?