BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stump Pulling the old way

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I ran a gardening service in Kununurra for a while and used to pull up these invasive small trees using an ancient 4wd and the spare wheel. It's amazing how much easier trees pull up, rather than sideways. It's only good for small trees though. If you don't have a low range 4wd, a come-along with car as anchor point would work too I imagine.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran a gardening service in Kununurra for a while and used to pull up these invasive small trees using an ancient 4wd and the spare wheel. It's amazing how much easier trees pull up, rather than sideways. It's only good for small trees though. If you don't have a low range 4wd, a come-along with car as anchor point would work too I imagine.
yes have seen the old wheel trick, but do have to say two beautiful Clydesdales look pretty awesome ;)

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
that machine is pretty amazing. I'm surprised it hasn't broken where the steel work finishes. It says a lot for the timber they used. I would be giving the whole thing a coat of used engine oil every year; hopefully it is stored under cover too.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
that machine is pretty amazing. I'm surprised it hasn't broken where the steel work finishes. It says a lot for the timber they used. I would be giving the whole thing a coat of used engine oil every year; hopefully it is stored under cover too.
hey Randall, i thought the same, thinking it will snap where the slots are, just good solid lumber