Stropping

Randall

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
If I had lots of money, I'd have m390 - it looks a very good steel. That sort of quality looks like it won't be wasted with you, which is as it should be :) D2 and s35vn should suit me fine - just sharp functional knives. Actually, the only knives on my wish list now are the RAT II and Zancudo both in D2.

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I gave up on wish lists a while ago, I found my tastes exceeded the size of my wallet...LoL I now only buy knives (in regards to folders) that fit my EDC prerequisites and fixed blades as the whim takes me. I am lucky enough to be in the position to have all the knives I could ever want or use and am at the stage of acting on impulse now rather than need.

As far as M390 knives go, keep an eye out on the secondary market (for the likes of the WE Practic), you will occasionally find a M390 folder going for $150 which is IMHO a bargain and within reach of most knife aficionados.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
another stropping compound that seems to be recommended is Smurf-Poo, as in Bolpol - BLUE Buffing compound bar/Honing paste bar - Smurf Poo - for metal polishing - 110g. A search of Ebay for 'smurf-poo' yields results of several different sizings.(at several different price points) I am yet to try this product but will do so in the future.