BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant Stinky Passionfruit?

n5750547

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Thought I'd double check that this is indeed stinky Passionfruit and that it is edible before I tuck in.
48f709314288e3779855bb78b28b56da.jpg

Cheers
Phil

n5750547

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Cheers fellas. I tried it yesterday and I'm still alive! It was much the same as the shop variety but maybe a little less sweet.

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Yes I eat those little ones , Have found them all along the east coast of Queensland.

IMG_20171112_130501.jpg

Here is a vine in the bush I have been wanting to get identified if anyone knows whether its passionfruit it would be much appreciated.

It looks the same to me , the fruit is descent passionfruit size , except I haven't seen them turn purple etc. yet , last time I found this vine the bats got them before I could see one past this green anyway.

When cut open they're white inside with the seeds like an immature passionfruit.

Last time I found the vine last season, I smelled it inside and it smelled like it , want to make sure .

If anyone knows , or if there's a similar wild or imitation growing in nth qld . and could identify this would be good .
Thanks .

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Yes I eat those little ones , Have found them all along the east coast of Queensland.

View attachment 24588

Here is a vine in the bush I have been wanting to get identified if anyone knows whether its passionfruit it would be much appreciated.

It looks the same to me , the fruit is descent passionfruit size , except I haven't seen them turn purple etc. yet , last time I found this vine the bats got them before I could see one past this green anyway.

When cut open they're white inside with the seeds like an immature passionfruit.

Last time I found the vine last season, I smelled it inside and it smelled like it , want to make sure .

If anyone knows , or if there's a similar wild or imitation growing in nth qld . and could identify this would be good .
Thanks .

I cant make out from your photos but be careful its not Passiflora subpeltata = White passion Flower which can be toxic.
http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showt...a-(White-passion-Flower)&highlight=Passiflora
https://keyserver.lucidcentral.org/weeds/data/media/Html/passiflora_subpeltata.htm

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks hairyman , I've got a funny feeling about this too.