Stealth Boat

beasto

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Could not work today due to rain so on the way home I grabbed some paint and began a project I have been been leaving for just such a rainy day. I have a 2.6 M inflatable with alloy hull and transom. I repaired two holes and fixed the deflectors around the side and then came the swamp camo make over. I have a bit more to do yet but I think it is coming along swimmingly. The yabbies and fish won't know what hit 'em.

Any thoughts/tips would be great, sharing some of your similar projects would be great to

bungie

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
That's brilliant. Might wanna turn it upside down and write on the hull "if you can read this contact SAR" but other that's that :_applauso:

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Nice paintwork, Beasto.
Bungie has a point though. Sometimes you may want to be found easily!
Also, camo is the opposite when everyone else is hi-vis. It can attract the wrong sort of attention.
When I was patrolling the deep North (oooh, sound macho) we used normal looking tinnies then shrouded them with cam when going tac(tical).
Any further away than 50m and we were just another boat, then 30 sec later we had disappeared.
Applicable to a hunter of game or photos. Make it easy for we SAR teams. Stay visible for as long as possible.

You also have quite a shine there. You might want ot hit it with a clear coat and lay hession over it when still wet. Remove before it sticks on, though.
It will rough up the surface and attach some fibres for greater disruption.

Cheers,BD ave.

Last edited:

beasto

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
thanks for the hession tip mate. I had the paint spare and i like the look of the pattern I uesd a few parm and fern frons from the garden, trying to achieve the real tree look, make it a unique little boat. Not to concerned about any wrong attention as where I go I yet to see anyone I have not taken with me. Let's be honest I have not seen anyone in photos in this forum wearing hi-vis and most fabric items are khaki green or camo, I think the color of my dighy pontoons poses a minimal safety risk